Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya Friends,

My daughter Zoe is 8 months old now and eats food without any problems, especially finger foods (she has done now for a couple of months) she seems to be ahead with everything... includign drinking from a straw which my health visitor says its good to be doing at her age due to a lot of babie still wantingbottle and the damage his does to there teeth.

Anyway, Zoe has about 6/7oz of SMA White in the morning, then a couple of hours later she'll have her breakfast with 4oz of her milk, then she'll have dinner, tea and snacks in between. Before Zoe goes to bed she'll have another bottle of her milk taking 6/7 oz once again.

I was wondering if this is ok for her to be taking a total of 14 oz or so of her milk a day, this doesn not include her breakfast.

Zoe sleeps through the night and has anythign between 9 to 10 hours sleep overnight with a total of one to two hours during the day.

X X

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi

Benjamin has been on 2 bottles a day for a couple of months now. He has the same, 6-7oz at bed time & the same on waking in the morning. I used to give him a dream feed, but he was only taking a couple of oz, so i stopped it. He also has his cereal mixed with cows milk, approx 3oz. I wouldnt worry too much, as you cant force it down them.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Karen, lovely to hear from you. So pleased all is going well with Zoe, she sounds lovely ;D

Ben's almost 8 months now and over the past couple of weeks has really reduced his intake of formula. 4-5 oz first thing, 3-4 oz mixed in with breakfast, 5 oz in the afternoon 5 oz (maybe) early evening and then about 3 oz before bed. A few weeks back he was on 28 oz a day, excluding what he had mixed in with food at breakfast time.

At this age I think babies should have around 20 oz a day of formula (regardless of whether this is drunk or mixed in with food), but if they are having fromage frais, cows milk used in cooking, cheese, etc. then the formula amount can be reduced accordingly.

Sounds to me like Zoe is getting plenty.

Jayne x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts