Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my 2nd scan after successful IUI and the egg sac is only measuring 6 weeks, all my hormone levels are high and as expected.

They keep telling me I have the dates wrong which I know I have not but have looked this up and the term "blighted ovum" keeps coming up.  Has anyone been in the same situation and had good news on the next scan or is this the end of the road?

Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi

Did the scan show a heart beat?

I have a silmilar situation I went for 8 weeks scan and measured 7wk 4 days had my 2nd scan weds which would be 10wk 1 day and measure 9wk 3day, baby's heart beat was fine and they were happy as it had grown in 2 weeks just said it was prob a late implantation so try not to worry, are they giving you another scan in 2 weeks? hopefully it will have grown. Good Luck x

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
No heartbeat was seen as it is only measuring 6 weeks so therefore too early but I know I am 8 weeks as the last day we tried ties up with that.  Don't think my nervous system can cope with another long wait, it is driving me nuts!
Just wish there was something that could be done to check if it it there or not as I am sure the stress of not knowing is making me worse.
Congrats for your good news!  6 more days until next scan... grrrrrrr
Thanks
K

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi K

I kow how you feel the waiting is the worst isn't it you just want something to happen, try and keep calm and good luck xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts