Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im wondering if anyone can help me understand why i had such a poor response with ivf/icsi im 26 and have a high AMH due to polycystic ovaries, they retrieved 9 eggs, 8 of them was immature and only one was mature they performed icsi and unfortunately it didnt fertilise!
I am so scared of the second cycle repeating itself has anyone else experienced this?xx

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hi Sarah,

Sorry to hear that you didnt have a successful first ICSI, I dont know why you didnt respond but I do know that you can respond differently every single time and just because you didnt get any fertilised eggs this time, doesnt mean that you wont next time.  Have you had a follow up consultation with your clinic? 

Im 26 too and also had high AMH, think it was something like 46.7 or something (cant quite remember) and the clinic have told me that I have mild polycystic ovaries.  How long were you on the injections for?  I was on 0.5ml of bucerelin for the first 17 days, then that was reduced to 0.25ml after 17 days when I also started injecting 150IU fostimon for 12 days - my clinic have said that I was at risk of OHSS because I responded too well so I am wondering if your clinic were a bit too cautious with you on the injections incase you over stimulated?  I ended up with 18 eggs collected, 12 were mature, 7 of them fertilised and I had single ET but it didnt stick and none of them made it to being frozen so I am starting all over again in June.

I think my clinic might keep me on the same doses but just monitor me a little bit more because my hormone levels doubled in 2 days from the mid 2000's to over 5000!  Maybe it is worth asking your clinic if your doses can be changed next time to see if you respond a bit better?  They should go through all of this with you in your follow up, my clinic told me that the first ICSI is like a trial run to get your medications more accurate for the next cycle!  x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts