Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,
I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. In my initial fertility testing (nearly 18 months ago) I had an HSG (dye test) which came up all clear. There was never any suggestion of further testing in way of a laparoscopy and no one ever mentioned possible endometriosis.
After a failed IVF and frozen cycle I've been back to my GP as I get pains from ovulation onwards, I've always had period pains and quite clotted periods and this was never regarded in my fertility work-up. She said that if my next IVF fails they'll look into endometriosis as it did sound like I had the symptoms. My question is, if my tubes are clear anyway does endo cause fertility problems still? Does it affect egg quality or anything?
Sorry if I sound naive, I'm just trying to figure out what I might be dealing with, if anything.
Thanks,
Bex x

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi Bex,

I'm sorry that your IVF cycle failed but hopefully the doctors will learn from the first one and make the next one work :)

As for endo, I'm afraid it can affect you even though your tubes are fine. I wouldn't panic, wait for your doctor to get back to you, the only way you know what is happening in there is to have a laparoscopy. I have stage 4 endo and fromthe lapo I have lots of scar adehsions that is attached to my bowel and crushing my right ovary. My left is lost under all the scar adhesions but it works.

I really hope you get answers soon
x

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Keeley,

Thanks so much for your reply.  I will be sure to pursue this line of enquiry!  Can I ask what the down time is after a laparoscopy, and if they find adhesions and remove them does it take a while to heal and does it delay IVF?

Thanks so much.

Bex x

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi Bex,

I had the lapo in december and started IVF in february so not much of a wait. My doc didn't deal with the scar adehsions as it was connected to everything and it would affect my fertility more.  I suppose the only concern after a standard lapo would be the time it takes for the scars to heal but my clinic didn't seem phased by this.

I'm sure if you ask the questions the doc will have answers to them :) Good luck with everything

x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts