Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is an odd one, but I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it...

Do you know if there is such a thing as help for dyspraxia sufferers when they aren't in education?

Its not for LO but for me :eek:

I was diagnosed a few years ago while I was at uni (never got any help then as my LEA decided they would/could help the day after i handed in my final thesis!  ^bigbad^ ) and so far have coped relatively well through life, but now that I have a baby as well as me to organise etc I'm suffering pretty badly.

I don't tend to be overly clumsy (ok i DO walk into doors  :-[  honestly  ::) ), and most people wouldnt notice that I was dyspraxic at all, but I'm just finding that my organisational skills are going down the pan :( Its one of my main big problems (that and writing whats in my head... but thats another thing!) So I'm getting stressed about it, and that makes me worse.. :(

I'm soooo exhausted all the time, just from existing day to day, I know its not any other problem (other than a virus 2 weeks ago making it worse!) as I'm not anaemic or anything else. And I know being a new mum is exhausting on its own, but this is a different kind of exhaustion, its a very mental exhaustion. Feels like I'm doing exams every day - THAT exhausting!

DH is a wonderful support and understands me fully when I'm bad and helps with everything, but its just leaving me sooo frustrated!

Is it worth asking my HV if there is any support? groups? professionals? or are they very unlikely to know as I'm not a child?

my GP is pretty useles...

Em
xx

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hi Em

Its def worth asking your HV as she may be aware of some local support groups in your area.

It may also be worth doing a google search and seeing whats available.

I will also have a look around later for you

Jxx

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeanette :)

I know there's online support groups, but i think i was after something more personal and the nearest group is in manchester...

hmm...

I'll ask my HV when I see her :)

Thanks again ;D

xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts