Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Only me again, sorry to bother you again, but I have been a bit of a numpty now I have got my self in a tizz, convinced I have my babies brain damage.

This evening, I was busy talking away on skype to family, and my rabbit popped up to say hello, and I was stroking him, then without thinking I started eating some jellie babies, without washing my hands first.  My rabbit does go outside in a run, and does have a free roam round the garden sometimes, and cats come in and out of the garden, and have been known to use are boarders as a litter tray.  Can I catch anything of my rabbit that will do any harm to my babies, can my rabbit pick up toxoplasmosis from hopping round the garden, I did'nt think they could, but now worried with not washing my hands before touching food that I was eating after stroking him.

Also I am going to the zoo on saturday, I am packing antibacterial handwipes and alco gel from work, are there any particular animals I should avoid, or precautions I need to take?

Thank for taking the time to answer my question.
TQ.xxx

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

Don't worry, you haven't done anything!!!!  The chance that you will have caught toxoplasmosis from that, and your rabbit picking it up from running round the garden is so remote that it's not worth worrying about.  The zoo is perfectly safe also, enjoy!!!

emilycaitlin xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts