Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter - hope you well!

Ok i started down regulation on 4th june (for ICSI) with Suprecur and went for baseline scan last thursday only to be confronted by 3 large cysts on my ovaries. I was advised to stop injections and wait for a period, which arrived Tuesday 24th. They asked me to go back today and be scanned again, and yep you guessed they are still there and no change.

I have been told to go away, and call back on Day 1 of next period and if they not gone, keep scanning till they do??? christ how long will this take???

Do you have any advice? where have they come from? and anyway i can hurry them up in going?

Thanks for any advice you have to offer ;)

Zoe x ^help^

·
Registered
856 Posts
ZoeB said:
Hi Peter - hope you well!

Fine thanks!

Ok i started down regulation on 4th june (for ICSI) with Suprecur and went for baseline scan last thursday only to be confronted by 3 large cysts on my ovaries. I was advised to stop injections and wait for a period, which arrived Tuesday 24th. They asked me to go back today and be scanned again, and yep you guessed they are still there and no change.

I have been told to go away, and call back on Day 1 of next period and if they not gone, keep scanning till they do??? christ how long will this take???

Do you have any advice?

It is standard practice to drain cysts prior to treatment. Ask your clinic why they are not offering this?

Hope this helps!

Peter

where have they come from? and anyway i can hurry them up in going?

Thanks for any advice you have to offer ;)

Zoe x ^help^

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi Zoe

I had the same problem this cycle and my clinic offered me two options, either to drain the cysts, or for me to stop and wait for a period, then start again.

As my AF is very irregular I opted for the cyst aspiration.

This delayed my cycle by two weeks.

I would agree you should ask why they cannot drain your cysts.

Vicky

1 - 3 of 3 Posts