Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Hope you can help. My 9 month old twins have always been good eaters, but recently have been eating, what seems to me, huge amounts. I put it down to a growth spurt but it's been going on for a few weeks now.

Last week a friend of mine mentioned that she was worried about over feeding her children, so my question is - is it possible to over feed children at this age?

Neither are huge babies, although William is a good size - approx 21 lbs, and Lottie is just over 17 lbs.

They still have 3 (sometimes 4) Breast feeds a day as well as their 3 meals.

Liz
x

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Hi Liz,

How are you doing with your twins? From what you have said it sounds like your twins are doing well!! ^hugme^

If they are gaining weight well and are healthy and happy then all should be ok!!

If you have any concerns let us know or have a word with your hv,

Let us know how you are getting on,

Luv V xxx

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Verity,

Thank you for your reply, they are generally happy and healthy, but they seem to have come down with a tummy bug  :(. They are still happily eating away though! I'm trying to keep their diet quite plain, avoiding fruit and making sure they have lots of water. Could you suggest anything else that could help?

Liz
x

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Awww Poor William and Lottie ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Are they having diahorrea and vomitting?? Or are they just generally off colour??

As you are doing i would suggest a bland diet, if they are vomiting their milk try them with water or you could try some dioralyte which you can buy over the counter which contains electrolytes. Sometime dairy can aggrivate stomach bugs so it may need to be given a miss for 24 hours if they cant tolerate it.

If they are tolerating diet and fluids all should be ok but if you are concerned please seek the advice of your gp,

You can never be too careful,

Let me know how you are getting on

Luv V xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts