Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Sabrinna, and finally after nearly 3 years my doctor will put me on the nhs list in July, knowing i'll have to wait between 6 to 12 months I' ve been thinking about going private first, I've heard about the Nuffield hospital.

Can anyone give me the name of a good doctor, so iI can get in touch with.
thanks everyone;D

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hi Sabrinna

I had my last tx at the Woking Nuffield, they have good success rates there and were very good. The consultant I had was Mr Curtis but they have a couple of other good ones there too. I'll PM you their details.

Wombly x

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
We got pg with Woking Nuffield as well. Our consultant was Mr Riddle, but Mr Curtis did our E/C and E/T. There are a couple of new consultants now I believe - have been hearing good things about them as well!!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
The other docs at Woking are Dr Brooks and Dr Hall. I didn't come across a bad doc at Woking... do bear in mind Woking did have a 6 month waiting list BUT they do get results. You will need referring by your GP for the initial appt. Once that letter has gone in I would suggest calling every couple of weeks to see if you can get in on a cancellation..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NUFFIELD MUST BE A GOOD CLINIC FOR A WAITING LIST OF 6 MONTHS.

I'LL SEE MY DOCTOR ON THE 25 JULY, AND THEN ASK HIM TO REFER ME TO NUFFILED AND I'VE WRITTEN THE NAME OF THE DOCTORS TKS GIRLS!! :-*

·
Registered
133 Posts
I know you've already got the names but here they are again just in case! 

I've had two attempts at the Nuffield Woking, both with Dr Riddle (male).  We also saw Dr Hall (female) and Dr Brook (male) for the EC and ET.  All Doctors were very friendly and professional.  Dr Hall was particularly friendly and reassuring each time we saw her.  They are all very nice.

Most of the time at Nuffield you see the nurses and they are all extremely helpful.  They are all so lovely and very caring and we were also able to have a bit of a laugh with them which was nice and stress relieving!

There is a 6 month waiting list but keep phoning to see if you can get squeezed in!

I hope this helps. 

Very best wishes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if you need to have certain parameters in order to have IVF on NHS (age factor, etc - I'm 27y.o.. After lap, I've been diagnosed with blocked tubes  :'(and the doc said that IVF is my only option  ^pray^). My GP referred me to gyne at St. Peters hospital, where I'm hoping to get a referal to my local IVF Unit - Nuffield Hospital. Also, how long is the waiting list, should I be successful for IVF on NHS?

I would be extremely grateful for any info.

Thanks for your time - much appreciated. ^hugme^

T

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi Tanya, Sabrinna
I lost both my tubes due to ectopic pregnancies.
At the time when we applied we were in the Reading and Berkshire PCT
Their criteria was
Over 36!!
BMI lower than 30
No children
and about 6 other factors which were quite random.
we were unsuccessful on having IVF on the NHS and were advised that if we went private we would then not be eligible for NHS.. so catch 22! Worth checking before you start Private.
I am at the Woking Nuffield and although not successful yet.. fingers crossed it will be this time, they are very good there. The nurses are very friendly and make you feel relaxed.
Good luck x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts