Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter :D

Had my first ET yesterday which I didn't find uncomfortable but this a.m. have had some spotting. It's not alot just a little on tissue. I rang and spoke to a nurse at my clinic and she said rest. I asked if this was normal and she said it wasn't unheard of....this didn't really help ??? I've also been feeling uncomfortable since EC and wondered is this the norm? I don't feel it's strong enough to take a pain killer, it's in my lower back and abdomen. Am I just fussing or do I have course for concern?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Jen

I'm sure this is nothing to worry about. If you think about it, there is a lot of poking about goes on at EC and ET, so its not surprising you feel these niggles and have a bit of blood. I felt very uncomfortable, and got a positive.

I'm sure Peter can put your mind at rest

Good luck

Lucy x

·
Registered
856 Posts
Jen said:
Hi Peter :D

Had my first ET yesterday which I didn't find uncomfortable but this a.m. have had some spotting.

This is perfectly OK, don't worry.

It's not alot just a little on tissue. I rang and spoke to a nurse at my clinic and she said rest. I asked if this was normal and she said it wasn't unheard of....this didn't really help ???

True. Any procedure can cause a small bleed and embryo transfer is no exception.

I've also been feeling uncomfortable since EC and wondered is this the norm? I don't feel it's strong enough to take a pain killer, it's in my lower back and abdomen. Am I just fussing or do I have course for concern?

No, you are fine. A little discomfort is to be expected following stimulation of your ovaries and egg collection.

Good luck!!

Peter

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Peter and Lucy ;D

Thank you both so much for your replies :) You have both managed to put my mind at complete rest :)

This is my first cycle of IVF and have to say feel very positive about it all :) it's the closest I've been in a long time to having our dream come true ;)

Lucy It's wondeful to hear success stories as your's :D

Thank you both, Jen ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts