Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi midwifes.

I was hoping you could reasure me a little.  I have hired a doppler from doppler hire, its a BF500, it does not display the heart rate.  It has been really helpful the last week or two, we are limiting how much we use it, no more than twice a week, this week we have used it wednesday and tonight.  We are getting good at finding a HB and sometimes wondered if we have heard 2, its a nice reasurance as I am still not feeling my twins.  This evening though when using it, we were getting a alot of feedback and crackling, and I think I felt a very tiny pulse between the probe and myself when we where getting alot of this feedback, DH who was holding the probe felt nothing, but where he was, on my tummy was only a small amount of gel, is it possible it was just static I felt, I have not had any pain etc, and what I felt was very mild, not painful, I just thought oh felt something then.  What I guess I am asking is, can I cause any harm to my baby with my doppler and what I have experienced this evening.  From what I have read on the internet, its seems inconclusive, but I am now just a bit worried about what I felt.  I do have quite a hairy tummy too, would this make any difference?
I guess my what I am trying to establish is do you think its possible I did feel a tiny pulse between me and the probe and would it hurt my babies?

Thank you in advance for replying.
TQ.xxxx

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Hi

the gel is make a contact so that you can hear the heartbeat, so if there isn't enough gel, that may be why things were a little crackly.

The only harm that can be done, is to yourselves if you were to have a problem finding the heartbeats. It isn't an easy task, especially if you are self taught.

Take care x

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks oink,

I thought the little pulse i felt between me and probe might have been something serious, guess it was the lack of gel.  We normally find 1 heart beat, but difficult to say if hearing 2, but just hearing something is reasurring enough.

TQ.xxxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts