Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies

Got much much longed for BFP last Wed. Have been having these sharp stitch like pains on and off. They nearly double me over.
Really worried it could be etopic. Any advice?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Lyndalou

First of all, congratulations on you BFP !!  :) :)

Everytime I have been pregnant I have had sharp stabbing pains they say is implantation and everything stretching down there. You may find it continues through the first and second trimester. As you can see i am pregnant with twins and i have had lots of stabbing pains down there this time, I am still getting them now !!

Good look with everything, hope this is reassuring for you  ^hugme^

Sarah x x

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Hello  :)

I remember having pains in my ovaries after the bfp and being worried but I think our ovaries are still recovering from stimming and EC also like sarah said so much is going on in there it can cause some pains.

If it gets too bad though I would get it checked out, for your own peace of mind  ^hugme^

Take care xxx

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you SARAH and WTBAM for the re-assurance.

Congratulations to you both on your BFP's  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hi

I had this too and phone the clinic they called me up for a scan to check incase ecptopic........

I got scanned but was a bit early to see anything but from the 2 blood test 48 hrs apart hcg levels were doubling so they thought everything was ok... They also noticed from the scan that my right ovary where i was having these pains was enlarged and still stimulated so they said that this was what was probably causing the pain.... My ovary was still enlarged at my 7 week scan.... They said this can happen after stims inj and will go down in time and it is usually nothing to worry about... 

Missy xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts