Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

As promised we now have the babydust board on here as it wasnt being used to its full potential when it was seperate, we hope you make good use of it and that it becomes a lovely place to be for all you mums with bubs.

Lots love to you all

Mel

x x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Thankyou Mel and tony

X X X

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Thank you Mel & Tony x

J

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
THANKS GUYS !

well is anyone up for a chat yet??

xx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
i am in the chat room now becca

Kim x x

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi All

I have a 8 month old baby girl called Lily and she is currently teething!!!

Where has the a TEETHING section gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim-When baby dust was on its own bit was it you that mentioned some kind of teething powder??

ANy tips would help as I think the BONGELA isn't working anymore

Nat

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi Nat

yes i used Ashton & Parsons teething powders well still do.

I buy them in my local Moss chemist but i think Boots do them to.

By the way the teething bit is under tips and tactics

Good luck

Love Kim x x x

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
hey mummys how are you?

hows the sleepless nights going?

my head is like mush at the mo the sleepless nights are taking there toll..........but hey when i do get that 8hrs that will be like a presant ;D.

this tread is so quiet........shall we get it running again.??

beccaxx

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hey Mummys

How you all doing?

Its gone very quiet!

Love

jeanette xxxxx

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Jeanette

Well I'm still about! I always have a peek at this board first when I log in to fertility friends, and you're right, it's gone incredibly quiet. I hope and assume that this is because we are all busy looking after these little angels ;) I'm really lucky because Katie is at her grandma's this afternoon; Pete is laying a concrete floor downstairs, and as this would prevent her from getting any snooze time in, she has gone to my mums (they live in a remote barn conversion, and its SUPERQUIET up there, no cars, trains (we live by a railway) or neighbours. And another plus is that I get to come online for a leisurely look around than normal too.

I'm helping out at the local NCT sale tomorrow which should be a laugh. My sister and I are on the tills, we'll be just like Miss Brahms and Mrs Slocombe (that one will be me). You get a clipboard and a tabard to wear, so you feel really important. You also get a root through before anyone else comes in, which is great because I'm after stairgates, a fireguard etc.

Katie has had a cold, which resulted in a fretful snotty night last night and Pete driving round the local streets at 4am this morning (I got to go back to sleep for half an hour ;D ;D ) Apart from that we are all ok. How is everyone else doing?

By the way Kim, I think I saw in one of your posts you are thinking of trying for a little sibling for Joe. Is that right? Hope so, that would be just fantastic

Speak to you all soon

Lucy x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi Lucy

Yes we are. Just waiting to hear from Barts and then hopefully we will be on our way.

If you cant get a fireguard i have one the only trouble would be getting it to you.

Love Kim x x x

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
hi guys im still here, still waking every 2-4hrs in the night for a feed, and im doing formula ???

ohhhhhhhh the nct sale is suppose to be great, there isnt one near me till oct/nov. i want a blender for when i start weaning ( any recomendations girls on a good one thats cheap and easy.

oh kimmric so when ya starting? will it be this year??

i want to do my fet next year so if it does work prey to god it does then they will be a close age gap, which is what i would like.If not, im not sure dh will do ivf again but time will tell as we have only just got our miricle.

so are we all still sleepy?? kim i bet your full of beans ;)

xx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi Becca

I would love to start this year but i suppose it depends on their schedule. Plus as it has been over a year we will probably have to have all the prelimary tests done again.
Must be patient but i'm not now we have decided i want to start NOW.

Love Kim x x x

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi everyone - I'm still around but don't always get that much of a chance to post. Hannah is nearly 7 months now and has already started to crawl!! Her latest trick is also trying to pull herself up on things so I now need eyes in the back of my head. I can't believe how quickly she's changed from being a helpless little baby to being into everything. As she is fast asleep at the moment I am taking the chance to come on here.

We have just bought a BabyDen for her and I think I saw that Allie has one as well. Not only can you use it as a playpen but you can also convert it into a fireguard and stairgates. As we are moving in a month I don't want to fit stairgates in this house so this seemed a good option. As she gets older you can buy a tent to go over it so she can use it as a playhouse.

We went to our first Mums and Toddlers group last week which she seemed to thoroughly enjoy - it wore her out at least! I also hosted an NCT coffee morning so had 8 mums and 10 babies/toddlers in my living room! Other than that I am supposed to be sorting out the house before we move (luckily we've got the removal men doing the actual packing) and am trying to meet up with friends as well.

Hope all goes well for you at Barts Kim and that you can get going again soon.

Becca I got a Braun hand blender from John Lewis for about £20 - it's nothing fancy but seems to do the job well. Hope the sleeping improves soon - I found that I had got so used to waking up that when she first started sleeping through I was waking before her!! She's pretty good at sleeping through now although like Katie she's had a cold recently so we've had a few disturbed nights.

Hope everyone else is doing OK

Celia

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi everyone-just managed to snatch a few minutes while the ruler of our house sleeps.

Kim,fantastic news that you are going to try for a sibling for Joe.I hope you can start sooner rather them later.I am so excited for you.

Lucy,I hope the NCT sale goes well-I have heard that they are brilliant places for bargains,especially if you get 1st choice.Sorry to hear about Katies cold,it must be miserable for all of you,poor little thing.

Becca I am sleepy too.Neil has been on baby duty the last 2 nights & she has been really good,going for 3 & 4 hours between feeds.Bizarrely enough I have suffered from Insomnia the past 2 nights & haven't been able to benefit from the nights off.Very annoying.

I was interested to read that you are thinking of trying again for another baby.Me too! Has anyone said how long you are meant to leave it to give your body a chance to recover ect?

Celia,I can't believe Hannah is 7 months already-it seems like yesterday you were posting about her arrival.
I would be intreseted to know how you get on with the Babyden.My mum has volunteered to buy one for Isabella for Christmas & I think they look really useful.

Oops better go,she is waking up.

Love
Kathryn

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
wow.......yeah i cant believe we want additions as well, im not sure when your suppose to leave it, i think its only weeks to be honest (think janette will have to help us on this one).

well im still in the land of nod.........im always so tired and muzzy, glad im not alone when does this end and you feel normal again.

jack is 12wks today where has the time gone?????

i can say that the weight has started to come off now (did put on 5st :-\)

hope your all well.and its good that we are getting this thread going now to compare notes ect
xx

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi mummy's!!!

I have been reading the board a bit over the past few weeks but as we all know, typing with a baby over your shoulder isn't all that easy!!

Fred is 6 weeks tomorrow - although his due date was only 2 days ago!! He is doing really well - getting absolutely huge - well not huge by anyone elses' standards I guess!! Being weighed today and I reckon he will be 8 and a half poounds which is pretty good considering he was 3 pounds lighter at birth.

I am fine apart from being very tired, which is par for the course I know!! Fred seems to wake up for a feed at about 6 am, which doesn;t quite give enough time to get back to sleep before I need to get George up for school.

Blimey - all thinking about number 2 baby already!!!!!!! 2 will definately be it for us - we have our perfect family now and I am just so happy - tired but happy!!!!

Starting mother and baby yoga tomorrow which should be good. It is run by the same lkady as the prenatal one I went to which was excellendt.

Anyway, glad you are all ok. i am going to go sort out the washing while Fred sleeps. doesn't your time management improve when you have kids!!

Take care,
samxxx

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I'm trying to catch up with all the news after being off-line for a while. Kirstie is 6 months old now - I can't believe it!! Time is flying by. She has her two bottom teeth that show when she smiles. How cute is that!! ;D

Lucy - I hope that Katie is feeling better now. Kirstie is also just getting over her first cold. It is horrible isn't it. All we could do was give her Calpol when her temperature went up, tilt her cot up a little bit and put some Karvol on a tissue by her cot. The first couple of days were horrible (for her and us) and we got precious little sleep. Thankfully she is well on the mend now - just a bit snotty. I really must look up our nearest NCT sale.

Kim - I am really pleased that you will be trying for another baby. I hope that Joe will soon have a little baby brother or sister.

I was hoping that I would have a miracle natural conception and with my cycles going to 45 and 50 days in the last couple of months I should have shares in clearblue. But of course all the tests were -ve and it was just the PCOS getting worse :-\ . My Dr has put me on the pill for 6 months so no chance of getting pg naturally for a while!! It seems totally bizarre being on the pill when I have spent all this time trying to conceive and having tx but I suppose at least I wont be tormenting myself with the evil peesticks for a while!! ;) We are thinking of maybe trying ICSI next year sometime- full fresh cycle as I didn't have any frosties. But we might also have to move house so don't know if we will be able to.

Sam - It sounds like Freddy is doing really well. Hopefully he'll soon sleep for an extra hour in the morning so you'll get a bit more rest. Hope the yoga goes well.

Becca - I starting feeling a bit better when Kirstie was around 3 -4 months. She was sleeping a bit better by this stage but it might also have been my blood getting back to normal - I was severely anaemic after the birth and it took a long time to feel myself again.

Kathryn - I don't know how long you are supposed to give it between babies. However, when I made enquiries with Guys about possibly having ICSI there, they said that they wouldn't treat me until Kirstie is a year old.

Celia - I am also thinking about joining the local mothers and toddlers group this week. It will be good to see other mums and for Kirstie to meet other bubs. However, I am a bit worried that I will feel "different" or "the odd one out" because of Kirstie being conceived through IVF ::) - silly huh?

Anyway, sorry to waffle on ;). love to all of you

Allie

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
ohhhhhhhhh baby and yoga classes........where do you go for these as i'd love to do that??

im going to try jack on hungry baby formula for bedtime to see if that helps him to go longer :-\ is this a good thing to do as hes happy in the day to do 4hrs inbetween feeds?

right im off for my bbq dinner.its so nice out i went up sainsburys and got some bits in.

chow xx ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi all,

Allie - I don't think that because you've had IVF it should make you different from other mums - after all you're all in the same boat now. However it's surprising how many people do have problems of some sort or other - out of the other mums I've met one other had IVF, several others had had recurrent miscarriages and a couple of others were getting to the point of thinking about fertility treatment. There are also a number of others who can get pregnant just by looking at their husbands!! It's not usually the first topic of conversation at a mums and toddler group anyway!!

Kathryn - the BabyDen is going quite well although Hannah is a bit at the stage of crying when I leave the room.

Becca have you checked with your Health Visitor before changing feeds - I was advised not to change anything without asking them.

I think I am already turning into one of those mums who buys clothes for the children to grow into. I've just bought Hannah a winter coat and although she's 7 months she still mainly wears 3-6 month clothes. This coat is 6-9 months and is a bit long for her in the sleeves but I want it to last all winter if I can! She didn't seem that keen when I tried it on her today!! I was pleased with myself yesterday as I went to our local outlet village and got two tops, a pair of trousers and some socks from Next and a hooded top and trousers from Gap all for £10!!

Anyway must go as madam is ready for her tea, hope everyone else is fine

Celia

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.