Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I am quite proud of myself !!!

Today I managed to get the kids ready and get on the train to go shopping in a big town near us :)  I managed with no panic attacks or worries - did get the shakes on the way home but managed to hold it together :)

Maybe I am finally on the mend  ^reiki^

T xx

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
☺Clare☺ said:
Well done Hun. ^hugme^
Thank you - it seems like such a simple thing but for someone who has been bearly leaving the house it is a big thing :)

T xx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Eaxctly what might be a minor thought to others can be a huge step for us, and the fact you got up and everyone ready and out is a huge step. I know what you mean about not leaving the house, but then some days I feel like I have too or will go madder than I already am

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Think it is also good you aknowledge what a big step you have taken, and that over time can work and expand on it, when you feel ready.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hi

I think you did fantastic, well done you. It is a huge step and will also bring healing as you now know you can do it and so when you next do something you will be a little stronger and probably feel the difference

I am like you and went down town ( sheffield) for the first time in 5mths :eek: on my own and I felt like a real mummy but when I got home I had a vunerable and ancious feeling which carried on into the night but I exspect it as it just brings up old feelings of anxiety etc etc

Hope you are well today

God Bless
sarah

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
☺Clare☺ said:
How are you feeling Tashja?
Was rough on Wednesdy night and couldn't face going out Thursday but today I managed to get to the bank and shops.

I am going to attempt another trip on Tuesday/Wednesday with just me and Sadie as the others are back at school. I need to be able to do this so I can et the shopping in.

I don't know if you all already know but Paul (DH) has ME/CFS but he is about to be made manager in work so h needs to beable to just chill out when he gets home and not have any home worries - this means that I need to be able to do the shopping, doctors/hospital appointments, etc myself and not have him worry about that side of things.

Sades - Thanks hun - it means a lot when you all say your proud - even DH was like "and . . ??" nobody else understands :)

Claire - Thanks for asking hun - hope your ok and are having a bit better time at the moment.

You are all os precious to me on this board ((hugs))

T xx

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Well done hun - I know from experience how hard getting out of the house can be

But you are doing brilliant - just remember - small steps make progress

xxx

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi

Just offering my support too :)    Small steps lead to big strides so well done.  All of us on here know what a big difference those moments can make.

Louise xx

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all again - I am really hoping we can all be cured of this soon :(

Next hurdle I have to overcome though is our journey to Cornwall.  e will have to use the M6 and in 2000 we had a bad car accident on the M6 which nearly killed both me and DH.

Anyway we are going on hols in July and then on the ews was the story of that crash where the 2 little boys have diied and I don't thik I am going to be able to do the journey :(

The crash was more or less where we had ours so I am really shook up and unsure  about taking the kids.

I need to think about this a bit more ad get me head around it

T xx

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Tashja

First - well done for making those first steps - no matter how small, each and every one of them are achievements.  Well done - and yes, we are proud, but most of all we ask you to be proud of yourself (and believe it).

So you've got a journey to Cornwall  - great - a break and a holiday.  I'm sorry to hear that you had a horrid accident on the motorway, and yes, it's a tragedy about those two small boys - all our love and thoughts go out to the family. 

Sweetheart - there is no evidence - none atall - that says there is any danger to you, your DH or your precious babes to travel the same road again.  Afterall you've had your share of the bad luck.  I'm not going to pretend that there wont be any anxiety there for you, but take the journey one junction at a time (small steps), have a break when you need to , focus on being in  Cornwall, not the journey there, and if you like check out the map and do a bit of non-motorway driving for a bit - afterall who said journeys were about how fast you get there??

I'm doing the same at the moment - I have to go to London this weekend by car and part of me is dreading it, but I too am going to try and use my own advice (well, mine and my CPN's!)..............  will let you know when I get back next week how it went!

Be proud of yourself, your achievements, and if things go a little wonky - try not to dwell on that and remember that the good times are just around the corner.

Take care of yourself

Love

Pea x

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you so much Pea.  I am actually going to contact my CBT counsellor for an appointment or 2 before we go.  I was over this and have done the journey since the accident but that news story really hit me so hard.  It is every parents worse nightmare and I think because it was in the same place it was really, really hard.

Today I managed to go and do the big shop with me and Sadie.  Did have a ba!!s up with a bag of onions but I have even managed to have a bit of a giggle about that - I know that this time a few months ago I would have cried over the mistake so I am seeing small changes.

Just need to know what to do with 25kg of onions now ::)

((hugs)) to you all.

T xx

·
Registered
123 Posts
Tashja,

25kg onions! Did bring a smile to my face..........  have done similar more often than I care to remember! How about french onion soup (and freeze it for a cold day?)! Caramelised onion marmalade, chutney, onion tart?  Or if you can't be bothered (much like me at the moment), use what you can, give some to neighbours and try and persuade the dog its some kind of new-fangled meat?

Pleased you're going for a bit of CBT before your trip, as you know it' not a 'cure' - if only there was a cure!, but it should help you to rationalise your thought process around the anxiety.

Best of luck

Love

Pea x

1 - 14 of 14 Posts