Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We have just abandoned due to low response to stims. On that day the consultant told us we can go for it again 21 days after dw next period. Now he is saying it is best to wait until dw has a natural cycle and go from that. Any idea what is going on? What is the normal procedure in this event?
Help and advice much appreciated. :-\
Steve & Sandra

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi Steve + Sandra,

Really sorry to hear about your cycle..
Clinics seem to vary on if you can go straight onto another cycle, but I think most do prefer you to have at least one natural cycle so that our bodies can settle down a bit before starting the medication again.  My hospital make us wait for 3 natural cycles before going again!
Just also to add I was a very slow responder on my first cycle to the stims, so my stims were changed and I got 17 eggs this time! The stimming drugs seem to have different ways of working and the first go can be a bit of test of this unfortunately.
Wishing you lots of luck!

Kelly x

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Steve and Sandra

I understand you must be gutted about having to stop your first cycle. I have just had my 1st IVF cycle aborted and took it quite hard. I was at risk of OHSS and now having read some articles on it understand why they had to stop.

Anyway, I have been told to take a month off before my next cycle which sounds like it is the norm for clinics over here.

Wishing you all the best for the next round.

Debbie

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Thanks so much everyone. It's encouraging to know it's not completely out of the norm. We have resigned ourselves to the fact that it is for the best so we will just have to roll with it. Bless ya'll

Steve & Sandra

1 - 4 of 4 Posts