Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 33+3 and have been having braxton hicks since 24w. I know these are BH as I had a trace at the hospital a few weeks ago and it was picking them up. Problem now is that about an hour ago I started having really bad lower abdo pains. Pain is really sharp and gets a lot worse about every 4 minutes and for 40 seconds at a time. Pain is really low where as my BH are normally quite high up (between my ribs). Should I call my midwife? I don't really want to unless I really have to coz she's not very nice lol. Have also got lower back pain. Tummy is hardening slightly as the pain gets worse but not as much as it does with my usual BH. Please help!

Thank you in advance!

Hayley

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Hi

you need to phone your maternity unit, rather than your midwife. It is possible that you may be in early labour although it may just be braxton hicks. It is better to be safe and if you were to be in labour the midwives will be able to give you an injection to help mature your babys lungs a little more.

They will probably ask you to go in for another monitoring, let me know how you get on

Take care x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts