Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts
I have all my fingers, eyes and toes crossed for you Highlandchick  ;D

I found the injections and scans such an emotional rollercoaster, one day everything would be going great the next day they'd be threatening to cancel the treatment. Remember to stick up for yourself and I hope it's a smoother ride for you!

^Cuddle^

Thank you liswaiting I'm having everything crossed as well 🤞

I'm adding cetrotide injection tonight so two injections daily from now on. I'm glad I'm a nurse couldn't imagine having to do this to yourself with no experience of injecting. So I take my hats off to you all. I've been feeling ok on the injections a little tired and bloated but that's about it at the moment. 1st Monitoring Scan on Monday so will find out how things are going then.

Howz things with you liswaiting

Hi, hope things are still going well. It can't be long until your egg collection now. I'm keeping well although the heat on Friday and Saturday was pretty tough!

l 😊

Hi liswaiting

Things are great thanks. No not long at all it's this morning at 11.30 I'm already on my way to clinic now. I'm so nervous stomach is doing somersaults and I fee sick. I had 5 mature follicles on Friday and three that were almost mature so they should be mature by now so hoping for a good number of eggs.

Hope it all went well and wasn't too painful. It's the start of the 2ww now. Fingers crossed for that all important phone call tomorrow  :)

Yeah it went really well was a little sore at the time but I coped wasn't as bad as I thought. They aspirated 9 follicles and we got 8 eggs I'm so happy! Been sleeping most of the afternoon but feeling ok. Got my fingers crossed for some fertislised eggs tomorrow

Hi beattie02

So sorry to hear your first cycle failed 😭 My first cycle failed also. Any embryos that have been frozen from this cycle and if put back in is still classed as your first cycle. I've just had a FET done yesterday and still have my second cycle on nhs if needed

Hope that helps

Mrs B x

Hi Beattie

Thank you i really hope this one works. Yes I was totally devastated the first one didn't work. Don't know how I'm going to cope if this one doesn't work so scared.

I think I waited 6 weeks from the bfn until my consultation appointment and I started as soon as my af came. Timing worked out well for me cos my af was due the following week after appointment. No I only went to Aberdeen once for Scan to check lining and once for my transfer. You will start by taking estrogen tablets to thicken your lining for about 10-14days and then you will start progesterone as well and depending at what stage your embryos were frozen depends on how many days you need to be on the progesterone before transfer.

Mrs B

Sorry meant to say that's what I did for a down regulated short protocol

I know Beattie it's so stressful but will be so worth it in the end. It's been ok so far but I'm sure by the end of the first week I will be going nuts lol

Mrs B

Hello everyone

We have just been referred last week from Inverness to Aberdeen for IVF. We have been TTC for almost 3 years, both 28, in the 'unexplained' category.

I have read through the threads and good to see a lot of positivity about Aberdeen. We were advised that we should have an appointment in early February, fingers crossed!

I have been reading up a lot about IVF, but am still quite naïve to it all. I assume we will find out more when we get to Aberdeen.

Hope things are going well  for all  :)

Hi Beattie

We did OK over the festive period, managed to enjoy ourselves  :)

We finally received our letter at the beginning of March for an appointment on 24th April! It is all feeling real now and I am both excited and nervous.

Hope things are moving forward for you too.
Jazmin Xx

Hello everyone

We have our first appointment at Aberdeen next week, after referral from Raigmore Hospital and I was wondering if anyone had experience/has been through IVF at Aberdeen?

I believe this appointment is the start of our IVF, but it is slightly unclear. Although by the amount of forms we received, I hope it is!

We are also attending a seminar on Monday (23rd), which I guess will explain a lot of the process.

Thanks
Jazmin

Hi Jazmin,

Sorry you find yourself here but you aren't alone. I've been through the Raigmore referral and IVF at Aberdeen. I'll send you a PM with more info.

Pizzi x

Hi, my wife and I are in the middle of IUI at the Aberdeen Fertility Clinic.  We’ve had all the required tests, hycosy etc. And have recently had our first appointment of two, with the clinic coordinator. During the appointment she advised us that we may now have a 6-9 month wait for the treatment to begin! I just wondered if anyone has recently gone through the treatament at Aberdeen and could let me know how long you had to wait from this appointment onwards? We had been previously been given info from the clinic which would have meant we would be starting treatment now! Any info would be very much appreciated!

Hi,
I believe there is a 6-9 month wait from first appointment to treatment. The wait is longer if using donor sperm for iui.
The waiting is frustrating.
There is another thread for Aberdeen on this board where you may get more replies.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.