Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband found out that he was sterile in the beginning of our marriage!  It was explained that he does not have the correct hormones to produce sperm.  Also, when the doctor looked, he said that the scrotum was very small, then did a biopsy and said that no sperm could be found!

Is there a possibility that this can be solved by taking suppliments to create sperm?  Has anyone else been told this and yet became pregnant?

Please, is there any hope for us at all????

Suzanne :'(

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Hi Suzanne,

Sorry I havent got any info or advice for you but I just wanted to say I hope there is something you can try. How awful for you both.

Good luck x

Megan x

·
Registered
21 Posts
Whitehead.------Abnormal hormone results usually indicate Non obstructive Azoospermia.  If he has had a biopsy what was the diagnosis.  Was it Sertoli Cell only?

There are examples of people who have had repeat biopsies and they have been successful in finding sperm.  This maybe something you want to consider, as I have has failed biopsy and am reconsidering a second shot with a much more experienced doctor.

Megan 57----- I noticed you said in another post it is a low sperm count not a zero sperm count.  As a word of encouragement at least your DH has some sperm which can be successfully used in IVF (depending on the quality of sperm), on the otherhand many of us have a zero count (azoospermia), hence making it a difficult task altogether to even have childrent via ivf/icsi. 

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I didn't reply before; I am trying to get myself around this site!

We have no idea as to what type of biopsy my husband had, but am very pleased and hopeful to hear that he can have a second opinion!

I am having problems myself at the moment and have a gyno appointment end of this month.  Once I am "sorted", then we shall get Jem looked at again.

Many thanks for your reply :)

Suzanne ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts