Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new and about to start Clomid 100mg for days 2-6 of my cycle for 3 cycles. While reading through you messages I was surprised to see that I was starting on 100mgs and have not been offered any scans to predict ovulation while on the Clomid. Just to let him know if it's successful otherwise we'll go to IUI.

My hubby and I have been trying to concieve for 18mths, all fertility investigations for both of us revealed unexplained infertility hence the Clomid. My periods are a 30 day cycle.

I will use ovulation predictor tests should I worry if I'm not offered scans ?

Any advice ?

Catherine

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Hi Catherine,

I'm in the same situation as you (although problems found I'm officially classed as Unexplained!?!) in that I'm about to start on Clomid at my next cycle. I have been told to watch out for some of the side effects but have had no mention of scans or ovulation predictors.

I guess we just have to pill pop and  ^BMS^ and ^hump^ and keep fingers (not legs!) crossed that a little miracle happens.

Good Luck!

Debs

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi

I too was on Clomid and was never offered any scans.

I was told to take the clomid and have  ^BMS^ every other day from days 8 to 22.

Seems to have done the trick for me ;D

Becky

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Hi Catherine
Come and join us on the clomid thread and you will get lots of advice and support.
^reiki^

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
the only problem with not being monitored whilst on clomid is that the dose may be too high for you and you could have multiple eggs and therefore a high chance of mutiple pg!!!!  Most docs start on low dose of 50 first and then have your day 21 tests for progestone done to check you have ovulated.

Good luck xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.