Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm having ICSI in Glasgow.  Had 1 BFN and going for second ICSI soon and will do anything to help it along!!

I have booked accupuncture for a week today, I've never done this before or know anyone who has had it so I don't know much about it.

Could you please answer a few stupid  ^idiot^ questions for me?

Do you have to get undressed?
Whats best to wear, trousers, skirt?

I just don't know what to expect!!

Sorry for being stupid!!

Thanks Suzee xx

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I have accupunture weekly.
You should start with a consultation and background information being taken before they do anything. I had to fill in a questionaire and talk to my accupunturist to give her a full history before any treatment.

I have never had to undress. I have to wear clothes that allows access to my stomach, back and legs. I usually wear jogging bottoms and a tea shirt... find my jeans are a little tight to roll up past my knees. My sessions last about 45 mins to 1 hour.

Hope that helps
Anymore questions feel free to ask.

LAM

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks LAM

I'll wear jogging trousers and t-shirt.  Phew no undressing and showing flabby bits  ^roflmao^

I am looking forward to it but I can't help being apprehensive. 

Suzee xx

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hello Suzee

I've recently started acupuncture so know exactly how you feel, but as you say it's got to be worth a go.

I guess they may all be a bit different - but so far I've found my acupuncturist needs access to my feet and lower legs - so if you wear jeans/trousers best to have ones that fairly easily can be pushed up. Also my arms, forehead (!!) and tummy. I've worn skirts, jean, trouser's whatever and all I've ever had to do is roll up my jeans and sometimes undo a belt or undo a skirt so that the acupuncturist has access to the tummy area.

Hope you get on okay with it. From my (very) limited experience most of the needles are fine and then every so often they put in ones that are soooo sore, for me any on my legs hurt, but it's certainly bearable, you won't be screaming in agony and quite frankly if you found it that painful they'd just stop!

Hope it goes okay, feel free to pm me if you have any other questions.

xxxxx and  ^reiki^  

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hi can i ask where u are having acupuncture? Im also having acu in glasgow at the natural health service. I must have had about 6 sessions so far and feel really calm  positive and chilled out about the whole TTC wheras before i was really stressed and anxious. I just need to open the top of my jeans so i can get needles in tummy/ovary area, the bottom of my legs but this time i had them above the knee but my jeans rolled up that far so not a problem really

pb xx

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HI PB,

I'm having my acu at Jan De Vries in Blthyswood Strett with a girl call Payal.  I don't have my first appt til next Thurs so don't know if she any good etc.  Will let you know.

Suzee xx

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have had 2 sessions and always have to pull down joggers so he can do my belly i have about 10 needles in belly /overy area,also 2 in my hands as in between your thumb and finger is a point for your womb,also he puts some in my legs and ankles(they can hurt a bit)but if any are uncomfortable he moves them round,after he removes all the needles he then firmly massages the heels of my feet as this is an accu point for your womb...hope this helps u

1 - 7 of 7 Posts