Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had tried accupuncture in preperation for IVF and if so what were the results? I have heard good things and would lieke to try it but would really like a reccomendation. I am in Prestwich which is between Bury and Manchester.

Thanks! x

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi Vicky,

Sorry to hear that your 1st attempt was unsuccessful  :(

Have a look on here...www.acupuncture.org.uk to find a practitionr near you.  I had accupuncture a couple of years ago, it certainly helped me to relax, but unfortunately didn't work for me.  Make sure whoever you choose is experienced with fertility issues.

Good Luck.

p.s.  Do you want to join us over on the St Marys thread?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Vicky

I am currently having acupuncture treatment and it worked for me, however it did end up ectopic which was unfortunate, I'm hoping that my next round of treatment, possibly August/September with my frozen embies will be just as successful but this time they implant in the right place !

I definitely think the acupuncture made the difference  :) my acupuncturist is qualified in infertility, I was able to see him the day before egg transfer and 1/2 an hour after egg transfer, this is when it makes all the difference I believe. He is based in Swinton, his name is Ben Haugh if you want to look him up under the acupuncture council website

x

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi Vicky... I am in Prestwich too!

I was going to tell you about a chap called Ben in Swinton that some of girls on the St Marys board rave about, but it would appear that Mrs KG has already done that - so I shall just butt out and leave you to it!!!

I haven't visited him myself, but if this cycles fails (which today it looks pretty much like it has) then I will DEFFO be using him next time round as he is only about 5-10 mins down the road.

kazzle
x

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all so much for your replies!

Mrs KG, I have left a message for Ben Haugh and will def make an appointment.
Mrs YG, I used to post on St Marys but haven't been on for ages!
Kazzle, so sorry that it sounds like it may have been unsuccessful this time - i will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Vicky x

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Guy's I have tried reflexology and not yet acupuncture but will defo give it a go .... got nothing to loose !! :-*

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi there

Am half way through my first cycle and have been going to see a lady in Bolton (Westhoughton) called Suzanne Morgan.  She's great and familiar with IVF and fertility issues.  She trades under the name Shen Acupuntuce and you should be able to find her website with a google search.

Kxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts