Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Accupuncture

722 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  twinkle123 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Have just had BFN from 1st cycle of ICSI and remember reading somewhere that accupuncture could help improve chances of conceiving with IVF, does anyone have experience of this??? I need to do something positive before starting next cycle so am determined to try and lose some weight and get fitter and want to try accupuncture if it is going to help

Thanks
Vickster x

#2 ·
hi, id like to second that question please, starting ICIS soon, wanna be prepared like Vickster!

#3 ·
Hi

Have a read of the threads on this Acupuncture board (and the rest of the Complementary Therapies board) as I think you'll find all your questions answered.

...and here's a link to a message I posted some time ago with link to an article re IVF and acupuncture...

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=63632.0

Good luck
Natasha

#4 ·
Hi Vickster

I've been having acupuncture since half way through all my IUI cycles.  I'm not pregnant yet but I'm sure it's been helping me.  I actually started with Chinese herbs mainly because I was too scared of the needles.  Ridiculous now that I think about it - I've always been fine injecting myself with needles!!!  They didn't agree with my stomach though and they were costing me too much so I moved on to acupuncture.  I know it hasn't worked yet but I feel so much more relaxed after a session and I feel I'm doing everything I can to help it work.

I'd much rather have acupuncture than try to lose weight!

Donsbabe - I'm not stalking you, honest!  Just sent you a message on the other thread.  I'll send you a PM because I can give you the name of the woman I go to in Aberdeen.  I could tell you too Vickster but it's probably a bit far for you!  ;D

Susan
xx  ^hugme^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.