Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm just looking for any advice, encouragement, knowledge!

I'm currently undergoing my 4th ICSI ccyle with expected blastocyst transfer tomorrow.

Our primary diagnosis is NOA but after 3 failed attempts with DH testicular sperm we changed clinics and I underwent level 2 testing which detected immune problems.
So this is my first cycle under the wonderful Dr Ndukwe at Care Nottingham.

This is the first time we have ever had the chance of taking our embryos to blastocyst, our previous transfers have been day 2 or 3 with a maximum of a 7 cell embryo transferred.

Having done lots of reading around MF, I always had a concern about the transisition from day 3 embryos and the activation of the embryonic genome and whether poor quality sperm wouod cause arrest of our embryos beyond day 3.  As we have never gone beyond day 3 until now we have never known.

Yesterday at day 3 we had 5 grade1/grade 2 embryos between 7 and 9 cells.

Our embryos won't be checked now until tomorrow......day of transfer if they make it!

Has anyone heard of embryos arrresting after day 3 with MFI and use of testicular sperm?

From feeling so hopeful yesterday at having the chance to go for blastocyst transfer I'm feeling I'm so anxious at the moment.  I have definitely done too much reading and am worried we will not get to transfer.

I'm trying to keep myself sane in that this cycle should give us more information about our embies beyond day 3 and if they do arrest, chances are they would have done anyway if they had been transferred at day 3 but we wouldn't have known and would have had to suffer through the 2ww with a likely BFN at the end.

I would be so grateful for any comments.

Thank you in advance.

love Button
xxx

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Hon, each and every case is so different.  If it makes you feel any better, weefluff did very well out of testicular sperm and blast...  Something like 9 in the bank!  (and a live birth out of it too, first and foremost).  You know as well as most that there are plenty of ladies that have used testicular sperm, had day 3 transfers (not having the luxury of enough embies to go to blast!) and have babies to show for it.

You've done fantastically well to get this far, go out and get some fresh air and a change of scene.  You cannot do anything but hope for the best at this stage, and to have so many embryos looking this good should give you a lot of hope indeed.  And when you get those precious embies on board REST UP and RELAX!  (Tough I know but try!)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
(Honestly, I think it's really, really unlikely five 7-9 cell embies will arrest overnight.)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much Claudine
You are such an inspiration with your beautiful family and a wealth of experience. 
I really appreciate you taking the time to reply...I am going out now to get that fresh air before I rest rest rest from tomorrow!
x

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Good luck Button, We had blasts from testicular sperm and none arrested from day 3 so it definitely can happen!

And on the cycle where I had steroids I got pregnant and its kicking me as we speak!

Thinking of you

Livity

·
Registered
631 Posts
Good luck Button....our consultant wants us to try for Blast (if I get enough eggs/embryos) We have only ever got to a day 3 transfer but apparently the sperm 'kicks' in at that stage so to get to day 5, they can see the better embryos.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  xxx

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Best wishes for transfer today Button. Irrespective of dropoff after day 3, you have got a better looking batch of embryos than the majority of couples with NOA and that has got to increase your chances of a successful BFP.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much for all your positive comments.

Livity many congratulations on your successful pg.

NVB best of luck with your next cycle, will keep a watch out for you on here and will be keeping everything crossed ^pray^  ^pray^

Claudine thank you again. X

Just had update from clinic to say 3 of our 5 embies have reached blast, they apparently look very good so just heading off now to have 2 transferred & maybe 1 to freeze. So relieved to get to this point. Thank you all so much again.

Love button x x

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Button thats great news hun, I'm hoping soo much it's good news for you in a couple of weeks, just you look after yourself and your gorgeous embies ... I really wanted to go to blast, but my clinic only offered 2 day transfer at the time.
Hoping theres another gorgeous NOA bub or two (or more) to look forward to next year - wishing you all the luck and babydust.
Sheila 

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Well done you!  Three blasts is very good news, trust you are resting up now?  Hope Nott are also providing you with the heavy duty progesterone support btw, i.e. IM (not much fun injecting but worth it)?

Hope to hear more from you about the cycle itself in due course, always good to hear of NOA experiences.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HI everyone

Sheilaweb thanks for your messge, congratulations on your little one.

Thanks again Claudine, yes am resting up and taking it easy.

Transfer went well yesterday, 2 'nice looking' blastocysts on board, so over the moon to get this far...just got to get our BFP for the perfect ending.

Had a call today to say they have also been able to freeze 1 grade1/2 blastocyst so really pleased about this too.

I'll keep you updated.  Thank you all for your support.
xxxxxx

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I've been awake since 3.30 and can't get back to sleep! :eek: :eek:

I've done 3 tests and all have come up positive!!!!!! The second line is fainter but definitely there but just makes it a bit hard to believe at the moment. So I'm just hoping and praying its a nice sticky one and another success story for the NOA thread  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Wow- many congrats! It is the most exciting feeling ever isn't it,

Enjoy today

Lots of love

Livity K xx

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Wow Button thats GREAT news  ^hugme^ , trust me hun you'll be in a state of shock for a good while yet  ;D - warmest congratulations, I really couldn't be happier for you.
Getting that BFP is the start of a wonderful, miraculous (and worrying) experience.... arh I'm hoping soo much you enjoy every second of your pregnancy....when you come down off  ^cloud9^

Enjoy xxxxx
Sheila   

·
Registered
631 Posts
Brilliant news and Congratulations xxxx

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Fantastic news Button!  All best for a happy healthy pregnancy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.