Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

I have 10 month old twin girls and was wondering if people have any gab ideas for keeping them entertained/

we do all the usual stuff like going for walks and rhyme time classes at the library and play date and swings etc etc At homwe sing nursery rhymes together, build block/stacking cups and knock them down, roll balls, read books etc etc We have a jumperoo which they love and they like playing with all their musical toys and shape sorters etc but i feel like i am not bringing them on so to speak and i feel like they are becoming a bit bored (or maybe its me that is bored ;D)

They love baby einsten dvd and their makaton dvd but i want to limit those as i feel guilty putting them on too much plus i like to sometimes leave them to play on their own also so they can learn to become ind!!

what are other people doing with theirs?? give ius some fun and original ideas, im not feeling very creative at this moment ;D

by the way mine are not crawling just yet and we dont have loadsa money for stuff like expensive music classes etc

looking forward to hearing your ideas :)

lizzy
xx

·
Registered
290 Posts
sounds like you're doing the same sort of things as i intend to do & that my friends have done with their little ones.

good luck and i'm sure your daughters are doing just fine!

xx

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
It sounds as though you keep them pretty busy!! ^bow^

How about...
- treasure baskets (fill a box with interesting objects to explore; pine cones, napkin rings, fabric swatches etc)
- water play (bowl of water and different objects, seeing what floats and what sinks)
- 'dry cooking' (let them mix stuff together in a bowl, like pasta, rice, flour, cornflakes)
- making maracas (fill little pots or jars with lentils, rice, pebbles etc, and play with the different sounds)

xx Clare

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Clare has good ideas

Things I did with DS

Put on music and dance
Lay huge roll of paper on the floor (wooden!) with paint for finger painting just in nappiess then pop them in the bath
Lay big towel on the floor then give bowls of water etc to pour
Ditto big towel and let them play with cups of lentils etc - then gather up towel to throw it all away
Go for a VERY slow walk looking for tiny tiny things like ants
Give them sticks and let them dig up a flower bed

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi,

I tried the suggestion of the bowl of water today and put some random things in it and they loved it - my ds' face was a picture though when he he tipped the bowl up and soaked himself with cold water!!

Not very original, but we fill a travel cot up with balls and hide things under the balls - also when the weather is nice blowing bubbles in the garden is fun (for me any way!).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts