Love, luck & sticky vibes

^reiki^ ^spot^ ^rainbow^ ^fairydust^

Natasha x

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Yay Im the first for once!!! Thanks Natasha

Hey girls!

How are we all doing? Sorry Ive been quiet. I had my FET on wedsnesday as planned, the first two blasts out of the four survived the thaw ok and expanded well and so it all went really well. Its just down to me now to keep hold of them. Pressure eh?!
And so I only had two put back and not three. The final two are still frosties just in case.
The staff during the FEt were wonderful. Both DH and I felt like we were their only clients!

Yesterday I did nothing but put my feet up because I was getting a lot of twinges in that area and Im just hoping its because they are settling in. Ive had nothing today though.

I dont know about you but I quite enjoy the 2ww. Yeah I know Im a bit  ^idiot^
Its because you get spoilt by your Dh more and also its a time to live in hope and not despair.....do you know what I mean? Its like blissful ignorance of whats around the corner.

Lou, I always found the DR bit worse than the stimming. I wish you lots of luck, its more daunting to start with because you dont know what to expect but honestly its not as bad as you sometimes imagine it will be.

Hi, to everyone - sorry for lack of personals as I cant read back over the thread now!
Hope you are all ok

Jen xx

·
Registered
803 Posts
Jen,

Fantastic news ^2ww^ ^2ww^ ^2ww^ ^2ww^.

Take it easy

x

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
J-Mo, so pleased your transfer went well and you sound so chilled. Lots of ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ coming your way.

Love Em x

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thanks Mummy and Em! I am chilled Im going to go and read outside now in the sunshine!

Em Ive put your bubbles onto a lucky double 7!

Jen x

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you all for your warm wishes. Well I could'nt take the wait any longer and tested early which was  yesterday and I got a  ^BFP^

(Recap E\C 6th May, E\T 11 - 2 blasts transffered) I was told by the ACU to wait 16 days b4 testing.

Well fingers crossed...

To all the oldies out there, pls never give up as miracles do happen.

·
Registered
803 Posts
OMG Adet

Woooohoooo that is fantastic news ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^.

May your official testing day ^police^ be just as today ;)

Take care
Mummy P x

·
Registered
817 Posts
JM - great news, very glad to hear/read.

Adet, brilliant! how heartening. :)

Glitter, not sure if we're talking about the same thing.....

If you mean the OST that UCH does, you have an E2 measurement on day 2 and again on day 3, testing for whatever the increase in estrogen is, as a result of applying exogenous FSH eg puregon, gonal f etc. (as opposed to a recombinant such as menopur which UCH tends to use for stimms). The idea is that this increase gives an indication of how one will respond to IVF drugs.

Re AMH, it's a completely different measure of the activity of the granulosa cells and nothing should affect it -that's why it's increasing in popularity as a measure. (It shouldn't even change intra cycle, though there's a small body of literature to suggest it changes after day 5, hence the advice to do it day 2/5) It measures quaNtity of ov reserve and by implication IVF success. (Selfevidently, one cannot succeed with ivf with zero ov reserve.)

As you can see, this is a bit of a bugbear of mine as, contrary to what a lot of consultants think, AMH has not been shown to MEASURE egg quaLLLity in a scientifically robust way. It is clearly LIKELY that if your body has gone thorugh the process of reduction in ov reserve, that the woman is older and quality is also lower, that's all that can be said.

however, so far, there's nothing specifically for egg quality, which is a shame as a lot of older women, myself included, would sure like to know!

Now, how did I get on to that? I think because it truly enrages me when consultants make fortunes by selling hope on the back of generalities and sloppy thought processes.....

[red]This post contains the posters own opinions and not that of FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners.[/red]

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi all,

Jen - Congratulations on both the frosties thawing well....i am keeping everything crossed for you that all works out well.  ^2ww^ ^2ww^.  PS i am with you on the 2WW, i really enjoyed it too!!

Adet - Congratulations!! ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ it is about time we had some more good new on here!!  You and DH must be over the moon.  Keep us updated on your progress!

MummyP- Gosh where does time go?  YOur 16wk scan is just round the corner.  I hope it all goes well.  Be warned about the random invoices that still keep on coming from the clinic, loads of girls have mentioned it before!

Hi to everyone else...this is just a quick one from me, as can you belive i have only just finished working!!

Today is actually my one year anniversary since my test date from my IVF cycle.  I am feeling a bit down today....i think it is just remembering all the emotions i went through this time last year.  I can't belive a year has gone by and i have not had another round of tx yet (although i did have it cancelled in Nov).  I wonder what i am actually doing, and am getting a bit cross with myself.  I know i am relatively young for IVF...but my insides are definitely not on the same wave length...more like a 37 year old i have been told, but we just are not financially or mentally ready for another round yet!  I sometimes wonder if i am just throwing myself into the new job as it is a reason not to focus on this???  Sorry to be a bit down this eve...but i promise to perk up!!

Sending you all the best on whatever part of this crazy journey you are all on.

Enjoy the bank holiday,
LMG
xxx

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Ladies,

J-Mo - hope the 2ww isn't too agonising for you

Adet - AMAZING news!!!

So I am well into the injections- the first two were fine (the nurse, Trudy, did the first, then my hubbie did the second). The third time, I got a massive bruise on my stomach...but am trying not to be a wimp! I had a blood test yest and I am to stay on 1.5ampules for the time being. Have scan tomorrow. Egg Collection is scheduled for Thur 5 June if all goes to plan but it could be earlier or later apparantly. Im actually surprisingly feeling ok with all the drugs, just abit fragile but no major bloating or anything like that yet...

Trying to be as calm as possible and really trying to block negative thoughts out of my mind (like, what if I hyperstimulate, what if no eggs fertilize, what if I get a bfn, the usual!!!).

How is everone else keeping? xx

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Adet - what fantastic news!  ^festival^  ^BFP^  ^festival^ Huge congratulations and loads of luck for a smooth nine months.  Hope you've had a great weekend ^spin^

Thanks for the bubbles Jen  :) I hope DH is still spoiling you rotten.

Anna, you are now officially the guru! Next time I need a result explaining, I know who I'll be contacting  ;)

LMG  ^hugme^ coming your way. I have been feeling very similar emotions and also giving myself a bit of a hard time about the fact that so long has gone past since we have done anything about tx. But seeing your post has made me realise something. The fact that you have other things going on in your life besides fertility tx is something to celebrate and be proud of. A year ago I was so completely overwhelmed by tx plans, I could think of nothing else. Now I know a bit more about what tx actually involves; I am not so blase about pumping myself full of drugs or of spending tons of hard earned cash on a chance of success. I have not given up and I actually feel very positive about our next cycle, but it is not to the exclusion of all else. To maintain some sanity in all this does mean that we need to take time and only undertake tx when we are ready to. If you were to go into tx feeling less than committed there is the chance you feel you are wasting your time, money and health. I know last year I pushed DH into tx before he was really ready. This time we may be going slower, but that is not a bad thing. I hope you are feeling better after the weekend ^sunny^ vibes

Love to you all,
  ^daisy^
Em x

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Hi Lou,

Sorry, I am such a slow poster that our posts crossed.  ::)

Great to hear things are going well. I know I was covered in bruises, but they looked worse than they felt so I got loads of sympathy from DH  ;D Hope yours are the same not those horrid ones where nothing shows, but you're really tender.

Here's lots of calming baby dust!  ^fairydust^

Take care,
Em x

·
Registered
817 Posts
hi, morning all, re injections, for some silly reason in my second cycle, i started holding the skin really taut and away from the body if you seee what i mean. these were really sore. i learned (a) to hold it loosely and (b) to let go slightly as the fluid goes in, which makes sense, as otherwise the other person is pushing against the "injectee's" whole strength!

K, thanks. i am certainly obsessed that's for sure. ;-)

Jmo - hope you're on good form and had a nice weekend.

All, good luck this week!  xxx

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks Em - actually, like you - the bruise looks big and very purple but its not tender anymore and poor hubbie thinks he did something wrong! Actually, I think it was my fault as like Anna the third - I held my skin away from the body and he couldnt get the needle in very easily which killed! We are working it out though.

Am in for scan and blood test tom morning at 9.45 - anyone else due in then?

REALLY knackered today....is this a side effect from the menopour? I've come home early from work and about to go to bed!!

X

·
Registered
369 Posts
Morning everyone.

I am back from a very hot and sunny Santorini and am truly delighted by this lovely weather and being back in work.  Had a lovely week away and would definitely recommend it.

Didn't manage to post before I went away as my laptop had a senior moment.  Has been fixed by a friend whille we were away so am up and running again now.

Went for a scan last Monday before I went away to see if Cyril the cyst was still present.  He had gone but his mate Cecil had turned up on the other side.  Have been on Primolut for the whole time we have been away to see if it will go as they didn't want to cancel another cycle.  Back in at lunch time today to see.  If it is I will have to go on the pill the irony of which hasn't escaped me!!!.  Have convinced myself that it is still there so won't be too shocled if it is.  What a pain in the wotsit though.

Will catch up with you all later when I get home but congratulations to Adet on your BFP and good luck Jen on your 2ww.

Bye for now.

Button xxxx

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi again everyone

The Cyst is Dead!!!  Yippee.  Started sniffing today so hopefully there won't be anything there when I go in after my period shows up.  It was manic in the clinic today.  I was there for 1.5 hours.  Only the little lady Dr doing the scans.  Oh well, shouldn't complain about good news!!

I'm just catching up on my Sky+ recordings of Gordon Ramsay.  I love him he is strangely sexy in a wrinkly way!

Hope everyone is OK.  Pretty quiet on here.

Lou27 - Hope your scan went OK today and you weren't sitting around for too long.  I injected into my leg when I did IUI couldn't face doing my tummy.  Never had much bruising but would take any amount if it got the required result.

LMG - Sorry to hear that you were feeling down thinking about last year.  You should only have another go at tx when you are ready.  It is a lot of time, energy and money to be investing if it isn't the right time for you. 

Hello to everyone else - Glitter, Trixter, Em, Anna the third, LucyM, MummyP, Tillytoots and anyone else not mentioned here or above.

Button xxx

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Way to go Button! Cecil banished  ^smash^ and sniffing started. I have to say, the waiting is the one thing about tx that does my head in; though good news certainly helps!

Gordon Ramsey - def v yummy  ;D

Hope the scan went OK Lou and that you're nicely rested up. To be honest, I really don't remember much about the side effects I had from the drugs, sorry I can't be v useful. I do remember thinking that I wasn't v hormonal, then a few weeks later DH said something about me being a complete head case. Suppose I should be grateful that I was blissfully unaware  ;D Hope you've managed to avoid any more bruises; this isn't really the time of year to have nice purple thighs  :eek: (although with all the rain my legs haven't seen much daylight - at least it serves some purpose other than making my lawn look like the local jungle).

Hope everyone is doing OK.
  ^Cuddle^

Love Em x

·
Registered
369 Posts
Bloody hell ladies, the saga continues...

I went to the toilet this morning when I got to work and had some spotting.  Panic quickly followed along with a call to the ACU.  Pip has just called back to say that as I have been on Primolut for so long it is probably just a bit of breakthrough beeding and nothing to worry about.  Easier said than done...  I didn't realise it was going to be so hard to actually get started.  Fingers crossed it stops!

The really spooky thing is that I had a dream last night that I had started bleeding.  I'm scaring myself now!!

Hope you are all OK today.  At least the sun is shining!

Em - Glad you agree with the Gordon Ramsay loving!!  His potty mouth is a bit over the top but he is the only person who can get away with it!

A slightly apprehensive Button xxx

·
Registered
85 Posts
Button - I also freaked out when I had spotting when I shouldnt have (actually whilst on the pill as that was the IVF protocal they put me on due to irregular periods). Pip and the other nurse, Trudy are great and put my mind to rest. Bet you can't wait to just get started already.

Keme - scan & bloods went well yesterday - I am to stay on 1.5 ampules and there are 10 follicles in each ovary - each about 10mm which is about the right size for this stage apparantly. In again tomorrow am for another scan to see if they are growing nicely.  My tummy is quite tender as of yesterday.  Thing I am most scared about is that non fertilize - really freaking out about that prospect. It's my first IVF so anything could happen but I suppose because the 3 IUIs failed, I am worried there is a reason for it like poor egg quality or something. Having said that, I am 27, so they should be ok??? But because I have PCOS - egg quality may not be as good.
OMG - I am seriously rambling here.  Really sorry!!

Acupuncture last night seemed to help actually, not as headachey or hormonal today.

LOL xxx

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Hiya,

Button, I also had spotting when I was sniffing and it wasn't a problem at all. I agree with Lou; the nurses at ACU are absolutely fantastic. They deserve medals for all the reassurance and information they gave us last year  ^bow^

Good to hear the acupuncture helped Lou, I keep promising myself I'll give it a go, but then chicken out saying that I don't know where to go!  ::)  20 follies - wow!  ^spin^  With that many potential eggs I'm sure fertilisation won't be a problem. I know the feeling though; that was one of things I really worried about. Although, recently I've been scouring the net for stats on IVF success rates and found that failed fertilisation was much rarer than I thought (the figure of 1% rings a bell). I'll have another dig around and see if I can find it for you; it definitely helped reassure me that it wasn't something I should worry about - and I only had 12 follies in total until really late on.

Love to you all,
  ^fairydust^

Em x

1 - 20 of 288 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.