Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new on this website so I thought I would introduce myself and looking forward to chatting with you all, I'm on my 6th cycle of clomid and as a last ditch attempt before IVF thought we would try acupuncture and Chinese herbs.  Acupuncture is actually OK, even though needles scare me!!  Chinese herbs are disgusting, but I've been convinced that they can sometimes help.  We are willing to try anything!!

Our problems are both of us, me I have low progesterone (or did before clomid), since being on clomid lining and follicles are good. DH has high level of abnormal sperm.

Any comments welcome...good or bad??

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
^hello^ Spell!

Welcome to FF, you've found a great place for support, advice and friendship. I honestly think that FF has kept me sane, well almost ;D!

I think you should pop along to the complimentary therapies board as you will find other ladies who have actually tried or been trying some alternative treatments. I do know that alot of girls swear by acupuncture and reflexology.

Complimentary therapies ~
CLICK HERE

I'm also going to point you in the direction of other boards which will be helpful to you.

What Every New Member Needs to Know ~
CLICK HERE

A rough guide to IVF
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/content/view/106/3/

Male factors -CLICK HERE

An area for DH to take a look at

The Mens Room~

CLICK HERE

That should keep you busy for a while :)! However, don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area (you can find tonights newbie night info under here ;))
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;) I've found these a great area to get the low down on local clinics and also to meet up with other girls locally.

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

If you need anything else, please shout ;)

Louj :) :-*

Sending you lots of ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^

Louj :)

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

I've moved your post to the Introductions board as I thought as it was your first post on FF this would be the best place for it :)

I know you've found Complementary Therapies board but I would have a read of some of the threads that are already on there discussing acupuncture and herbs in particular.

As you're on Clomid you may also be interested in joining the ladies on the Clomid board...

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=34.0

However, I would advise that if you're still taking Clomid then I'd avoid taking any form of herbal remedy, including Chinese medicine. The majority of clinics will recommend against this because the herbs can interfere and react with the prescribed fertility drugs.....the same applies to when you have IVF.

I used to have very regular acupuncture for nearly 3 years but since one of our unsuccessful IVFs last October, I've not had any as just needed a break from it (and it was costing a small fortune having it weekly, on top of paying for all the IVFs too !!). I do think it helped relax destress me even if it didn't help produce a baby at the end of it ! I've also tried varying herbal remedies, including Chinese meds over the years of ttc. I do still have ad hoc reflexology and am considering having osteopathy before we start our 7th IVF/FET treatment later this year.

If you're having acupuncture then it really is a good idea to ensure that they're registered and also that they have sound experience working with women who have fertility issues and specifically going through fertility treatment as it's important they're completely aware of your cycles, how the treatments work and also the protocols that should be adhered to, primarily if having IVF.

How long have you been ttc and how old are you ? When you mention you have low progesterone, do you mean that you don't ovulate naturally without the aid of Clomid ? Are you already on an IVF waiting list ? Perhaps you'd like to tell us a little bit more about yourself ?

Good luck
Natasha ^reiki^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts