Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

What have been the results of doing a treatment of IVF/ICSI and also having acupuncture?

• BFP whilst having acupuncture

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • BFN whilst having acupuncture

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Had BFN before, tried acupuncture and got BFP

Votes: 4 19.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies

I have had 2 x BFN's. I am due to start treatment in Sept/Oct time and wanted to know whether Acupuncture has helped people get a BFP after a BFN before, or has just helped.

If you think I should add any options please let me know

Thanks for voting
Kez xx

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
I would be interested in this too.
i have just started having acupuncture to help with my lining, it is so thin normally, so I am hoping that acupuncture will help :)
I went yesterday, and my acupuncturist thinks he can help :) :)

Its worth giving it ago, I look forward to having mine done

Love Jo
x x x

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Ohh I'm interested to know this too

I'm off for my first appointment with the accupuncturist tomorrow - bit scared about being pricked  ^evil^

Kim xxxx

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Kim

You will have to let me know how you get on.

I have my first session on Weds and I am very nervous. Really can't see how putting needles all over your body can relax ya!! But we will have to see.....! ;D

Lots of luck

Kez xxx

·
Registered
792 Posts
Jo -  You should also try some chineese herbs while you are having acupuncture. I'm sure it will help, but you should be taking them for at least 3 months before tx.

Good luck.

Anne, X

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi,

I had acupuncture for several months before ICSI.... I had previously had an abandoned ICSI attempt (no response to drugs at all), and so I started acupuncture, and changed my diet quite drastically. Next try at ICSI, and I produced one whole egg, which miraculously became my little boy.... don't know if the acupuncture was entirely responsible, but I certainly think it helped!
GOOD LUCK to you all...
love
Alice & Barnaby
xxxx :)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
i had accupuncture.. even though i dont like it.. because i know it works.. it worked on dh and some other people i know so thought i'd try it.. i have been pg and although i have m/c i think the accupuncture helped us get as far as we did..

Wanted to also say for those scared of needles.. accupressure can be just as effective..

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Anne
You say chinese drugs as well.
i have some upstairs that I gave up taking, maybe I should start again.
Do you know the name of them ???, or are there loads.
Mine are called Nuan Gong Yun Zi Wan !!!!
They said they helped warm the womb, and make it nice for baby :)

Jo
x x x

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Hi All

Well i went (and then forgot to come and tell you all how it was  :p )

I went expecting it to be really relaxing and not feel a thing  :-\ I wasn't tense or anything but the first needle went in fine, no problem. The 2nd needle was in my left ankle and i didnt feel it go in, but then she twisted it to ensure it was in the right place  :-X it didnt hurt but was just a weird sensation like a little electric shock. 
I had 8 needles in total (most of which i had the electric sensation with) then she left me for about 15/20 mintues to relax, which i did but i was so scared of moving i couldnt properly relax.

I'm going back again and i think it'll be better next time, its just i went expecting it to be as relaxing as my reflexology  ;D

She also recommended Chinese medicine but i'm just not sure  :-\ i was under the impression not to mix complementary medicine with treatment but now i'm wondering if i should give it a try  :-\

She recommended quite a few things i should be taking like liquid Iron as i'm borderline anaemic (which i didnt tell her but she could tell from my pulse and tongue)  Oh thats another tip for anyone thinking of going, they check your tongue  :p I'd been at work all day and had no idea that one was coming  :) I would of taken my toothbrush to work otherwise  :)

Jo - Did the acupuncturist you're seeing now recommend Chinese herbs?

Kim xxx

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Kimmy

I also had no idea about them checking your tongue. I felt really uncomfortable about it as again if I had known would of brushed my teeth :)

I had 6 needles put in my back, 2 needles either side of my belly button and 1 needle right in my pelvic muscle. None of them hurt but I did have that electric shock feeling. (well to me it was more like something scrathing me inside).

I agree with you that I will be able to relax more next time, now I know what it feel like.

My DH went last night and said he didn't feel any different, so I will just have to see how it goes :-\

When is your next one?

Love Kez xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.