Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am just starting my second IVF.  With everything I read on this board and elsewhere I decided to give acupuncture a go along with this cycle and so found one near me (I live in Cambridgeshire/Bedfordshire border).  She is really nice and works one day a week in a London Fertility clinic.  I've seen her three times now (just once a week).

At the same time I read on this board about a Zita West acupuncturist in Hitchin which is 30 mins away and so went to see her today. 

So, what do I do now - I have two acupuncturists.  The Zita West girl said I should only see one of them.  Is there a risk I could get over stimulated somehow through too much acupuncture????

Any advice would be welcome.  They both advise treatment of once a week but Zita West girl advises twice in one week during stimulation, then between EC and ET and then 8-10 days later.  The other girl who is a Chinese doctor as well as acupunturist advises once a week, then on day of ET....

Now I am confused......

Nuala

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mands,

Thank you for sharing your experience on acupuncture.  I have just come back from seeing my acupuncturist who trained initally as an acupuncturist and then trained in China for 5 years in Chinese medicine.  She is happy for me to see both of them and said in China they will prescribe acupunture every day if required so there is no danger in over stimulation.  In fact it would give more support to me going through my IVF cycle.

I'm feeling quite zinged up tonight after my session.

Nuala ^clapping^ ^banana^

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.