Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience of using acupuncture for male factor. My dh has sperm antibodies and whilst we were lucky with ICSI number 2 which resulted in DS, my two treatments since have been unsuccessful so its on to number 5. During each cycle I have always had about 10 eggs collected but we only ever get two for Et and on the last cycle it was 1. I want to do everything I possibly can because I am aware that the old clock is ticking and things will begin to go downhill on my side pretty soon!
Any experiences either negative or positive would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks and good luck to you all in your treatments.

Leah

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
my partner used acupuncture and herbs and sperm count went from less than a million to over 5 million. So I would give it a go
L x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there!

I am trying to find out the same thing.  My DP has sperm anti-bodies, the sperm count is not the problem and I can only find info on how acupuncture helps that, not anti-bodies specifically. ^idiot^

Am due to start ICSI 2 soon so would be handy to know!

XXX

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks JJ1 - glad it worked for you.

flO Thanks for the reply - if I find anything out - I'll pm you. I have googled it and found some research which suggests that it can be successful - but then you can't really rely on it can you - it could be the Acupunture society or somebody like that who has conducted it! I suppose its like anything with ttc you always give it a go - the things I have done in order to have a baby!!

Leah

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi there,

My DP has anti-sperm antibodies - his count is fine, it's just the antibodies that cause a problem.  The % has varied over various tests, but the highest was 95%.

Prior to our first ICSI they were 80%.  I took him along to see my acupuncturist.  It was recommended he did not need acupuncture, but just some herbal pills.  After taking these for a couple of months the anti-sperm antibodies came down to 30%.

He stopped taking them for our 2nd ICSI - that's when we got the 95% reading.

He is back on them again now.  They are not too expensive, approx £8.50 for one weeks' supply.  The variety we have is called 'Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan - Great Wall Limited (China Hunan Jiu Zhi Tang Co'

We got the latest supply from 'Dr China' who have branches throughout the UK.

HTH.

Good luck to you all.
Pipx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts