Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd post this as I am due to go for my 1st acupuncture appointment on Monday and was wondering if anyone else had been through acupuncture for infertility.  I also have pcos, but I'm not sure how much difference this would make.

If anyone has gone through acupuncture or knows about it and how effective it can be I would be rally interested to hear from you.

Cheers
Lucy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hiya Lucy,

I have been having acupunture for a couple of months and found it really helped me with my treatment. I had Ivf (4th attempt) and found it helped me to be alot more relaxed and chilled out about the whole process.

My three previous goes at ivf I was very tense and it was constantly dominating my mind. My 1st attempt failed but the last 2 goes I did get pregnant but m/c at 5 & 6 weeks.

I am now pleased to say that I am 11 weeks pregnant.

I would really recommend it, my step-sister also had acupunture in conjuntion with her Icsi (1st attempt) and her baby is now due July 21st.

I wish you loads of luck and hope everytthing works out for you

Love
Nancy xx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks nancy that has really encouraged me to just go for it and hope for the best.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Hi Lucy,
A friend recently sent me an article from one of the newspapers from hom (australia) reporting greater success of IVF when patients had acupuncture just before egg collection & just after ET.  The study was done in germany and the acpuncture patients were heaps more successful than the control group.

I've been going for acupuncture for a while and it hasnt worked for me.  I'm not convinced it will but am keeping an open mind.  A friend of mine is convinced it worked for her.  Certainly it cant hurt!  I'm having IUI next month for the first time and plan to do it.

good luck to you.  Megan

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
I am having weekly acupuncture, and plan on having it before EC and after ET.
I have found it has made me slightly calmer, it certainly helped dizzyness and sickness during d/r, and if nothing else, it has given me an hour a week to just relax- worth the £25 just for that!
I do still get worried- but I am not as worried and tense as I was during DIUI last year.

Hugs
Marie xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts