Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am interested to hear about anyone who has successfully treated male infertility caused by a Y chromosome microdeletion, by using alternative therapies?

My partner has had several sperm samples analysed, ranging in between 0 and 38 sperm (no, not 38 million!) We had two ICSI's, both failed although we had excellent fertilisation rates (90%) and healthly embryos. I am 29 and he is 31 and we are both healthy.

We are now trying Marilyn Glenville diet & vitamin supplements and he is having acupuncture every 2 weeks. Acupuncture since July, vits & diet since September.

Any ideas what kind of increase in sperm count we could expect in this situation? I have read about people doubling sperm counts e.g. from 20-40 million but since we are starting from such a low level my partner's count would have to increase by 10 million times for us to have a chance of conceiving naturally! I would love this to happen but am not expecting miracles!!

We are trying to decide whether to plan for another ICSI after the 4 months are up, or whether to hold on and see if we can do it naturally. But obviously if there isn't a chance of his sperm count going up that much, then we'll go straight for the ICSI.

Any advice would be appreciated!

x A

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi Annarose,
My hubby has poor sperm count and we have been taking the MG vitamins etc for a while now. Also chnages with diet and all that kinda stuff. They dont seem to have increased his stuff much. His sperm levels go up and down over every test that they do. Sorry I dont seem to be of much help.
But wanted to wish you lots of luck...
shelleyxxx

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Shelley
thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear the diet hasn't done much for your dh count so far, quantity-wise, but I suppose it's quality not quantity you need for ICSI anyway!
Best of luck for you anyway, whatever stage you're at!
x A

1 - 3 of 3 Posts