Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am due to start down regging in May 27th and I have my 1st acupuncture session tonight and I have no idea what to expect!

Will I need to organise a "treatment" plan with them? How often are people going and are people booking sessions for before and after ET??

Thanks

Tulip x

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi Tulip

I had acupuncture with my last cycle at Zita West clinic.  Unfortunately I got a bfn but I did get my best response yet to tx and my consultant told me it was probably something to do with all the additional things I did which as well as acupuncture, I took all the Zita West vitamins, completley stopped drinking, drunk 2 to 3 litres of water every day, ate loads of protein and did a 2 week liver detox before starting treatment!

Anyway, the acupuncture, I had 1 session during down reg, 2 during stimulation, was advised to have 1 between ec and et but that day ended up being a Saturday for me and Zita West were closed!  They also advise 1 session 8 to 10 days after et.  Unfortunately I didn't get to that 1 either cos my period started. 

I absolutately hate needles and was terrified on my 1st session but it was completely fine.  The worst bit was when the needles are put in but to be honest it doesn't hurt at all its just the thought of it.  When they are actually in you cannot feel them at all.  I had them put in really odd places like 1 between my eyes, in my feet, my wrists and my tummy.  Sounds scary but honestly I have the biggest needle phobia and I went back for more!  On my 2nd session they attached little electric probes to some of the needles which sent faint electric currents down them, again sounds bizarre but really was ok.

Let me know how you get on.  Good luck and try and relax and you'll be fine.

Lots of love
Lauren xxx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.