Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My I'm Zuharaq, 27, PCOS, married for 2 years, no children. Tried clomid for 2 cycles with dissappointing results. Now started acupuncture with herb therapy for 2nd cycle and feeling good all over.

I didn't really know much about acupuncture before trying clomid. Came across a book by Dr. Randine Lewis on curing infertility using traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and acupuncture sparked my interest to try this holistic approach which does not focus on just on the core issue of being infertile but balancing the whole body system to enable the body to do what it is supposed to do ie.conceive and carry to term a healthy baby.

I don't like the side effects of the clomid, felt bloated and very hormonal.  :'( And since that didn't work, my doc wanted to try the metformin and clomid combo on me. I just couldn't put my body through it. How is over stimulating my ovaries good for me? With modern med there were no answers but with TCM, I'm feeling much better healthwise and emotionally. M diet is also well controlled to bring balance back into my body. As they would put it: the body is like the soil. The soil must be prepared before it can take on new life for it to nourish and nurture. So first we have to nurture the soil.

I hope it all works out. But I recommend anyone going through difficulty in conceiving to get your hands on this book by Randine Lewis, doesn't matter if you believe in TCM or not. She's a qualified gynea and a TCM practitioner and she combines both TCM and western medicine to help so many people conceive. It gave me back my sanity. Please read it or search her on the net. Whatever your course of action is, just get some idea on what she is all about. It's worth it.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for that info. I am also a firm believer in doing all we can naturally. I am currently seeing a reflexologist who is helping to balance my hormone system and my DH has seen an accupuncturist who helped increase his SA.
Good luck!

xx

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Bodia

Sorry to butt in, but you said you DH saw an accupunturist to increase his SA. Did this work?? And did it increase it alot??

Its just my DH has a low SA and we were wondering about giving that a try

Thanks

Kez xx

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Dear Kez,

My DH's SA changed from 6million to 100! He also adopted a more healthy lifestyle and completley cut back on tea, coffee, (hot drinks were a prob according to the accupuncturist,) and cakes and all things sweet (too much sugar.) He cut down on drinking and has been on and off smoking, seems to have finally stopped now though thankfully.
Basically, we believe it helped a huge amount, and it certainly made him feel he was doing something postive because (as I'm sure you can understand,) he felt pretty low about the whole thing.
I would defo recommend it, let's face it, anything's worth a try. The accupuncturist said he would be able to tell pretty quickly if he could help at all, and he had about 4/5 sessions. He identified the problem straight away, (he said it was to do with his kidney energy,) and to be fair, when I went to the same bloke he said he couldn't detect any imbalances and that whilst I was welcome to come back if I found it relaxing, he couldn't find anything wrong (I currently have "undiagnosed IF".) So he was no cowboy!
Good luck, if you need any more info please IM me.

xx

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Bodia

That is excellant news about the increase in count. I have spoken to DH and he said he would give it a go. Can you recommend anywhere or a company!! Where abouts is the way you use? Probably totally out the way but thought I would ask.

Its just I went to see an accupuncturist once about me and she told me it was all in my heart and that put me off the one who lives near me. And with the others ones around I don't know where to start...!

Any helps would be much appreicated

Thanks Kez 

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi
Just thought i'd commment on accupuncture. I started 2 weeks ago and have had 2 sessions. I dont start tx till august and so wanted to be as prepared as possible. I dont know how much difference it is making but I have had long term stomach problems which he said is all connected as its about flow and movement. I have to say that it is one of the most relaxing experinces ever, so much so that i fell asleep on the table last night. I will let you know how i get on.
kate

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Hi all,

Kez, you asked where our accupuncturist is based; Brighton/ Lewes. I just found him by looking up on the internet and I rang each one and I knew my DH would rather a bloke and he sounded knowledgeable so off he went!
I am sure there is a register of reputable ones?
Good luck and keep us posted.

xx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
V interested in the acupuncture thing - I was all booked and ready to go for acupuncture during my last cycle, and I happened to mention it to my consultant.  He went bonkers - he obviously believes it works,as he said he didn't want someone else messing around with my ovaries when he was trying to do stuff with them himself.  I cancelled it, but unfortunately my cycle was unsuccessful. 

any clues anyone?  What do you reckon?  He said reflexology would be ok - basically he didn't believe that would actually do anything but might be nice and relaxing.

I will do anything that I think might help!

sallywags

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all,

I love acupuncture. Love how healthy I feel these days. I have had 10 sessions of  acupuncture ( twice a week) and taking herbs which I boil everyday for the past month,apparently the brewed herb is more potent. :)

To everyone trying acupunture the first time, good luck and you're actually doing your body a favour. Nature is always best unless you totally need the assistence. Sometime acupunture can help the body respond better to the medication. To those who hav not read the book by Dr. Randine Lewis please do, even if it's the last infertility/holistic healing book you'll ever read. Just do this for yourself. Most importantly is to continue living and keep the spirits up. ;D ;D ;D

ps: all the best to you sallywags, dont despair, we're all here with you.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love

Zuharaq

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.