Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am on day 8 of my 2ww and have suddenly been getting really really strong cramps with terrible lower back pains this evening. I wouldn't normally post but they are making me squirm and bend over double in agony. I also feel nauseous. I don't know what could be causing them unles af is on the way (but don't usually feel this bad pre af).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jools x

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
wonder if it could be OHSS?? drink lots of fluids and call your clinic

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi
sounds exactly like my symptoms when I had ohss.  I ended up going to casualty - don't be afraid to go there if you are concerned but ask to see the on call gynae otherwise they have no idea what ohss is.  Call your clinic's emergency number and ask advice. 

It's not meant to hurt like this so it's either ohss or a cyst bursting (not dangerous, just painful).  Take paracetamol for the pain, it's perfectly OK to.  The hospital thought I was mad not to have and immediately made me take some.  If you get breathless or nauseous go to casualty immediately.

Drink loads of water (to flush out the excess hormones), even better milk (for protein) try to pee frequently and if you get better tonight, keep taking alot of protein (meat, cheese, tofu, nuts) and drinking at least 3 litres a day from now on till it subsides.

By the way OHSS can be a good sign at this stage of the 2ww - it can mean embryos are implanting producing lots of HCG, so try and see it positively !!  Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

Claire xx

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear Eva04 and ceedubya

Thanks very much for your replies - I did ring my clinic in the end as was in so much pain. They said it's too early to tell if pg or not so can't diagnose specifically what's causing the pain but it could be OHSS so drink lots of water and eat lots of protein, and take paracetamol, just like you've recommended. The cramps continued for a couple of hours and now thank god seem to have gone. I'm so relieved as was actually thinking about going to casualty (which is what they suggested if they didn't go but was not relishing the prospect).

Thank you so much for your word of wisdom ceedubya - they really cheered me up. Good luck with your cycles.

Ceedubya – I've just noticed you're also at Queen Marys and the Bridge! Never met anyone else on here from there before! Are you on your 2ww now?

Thanks again for your replies girls

Jools x

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hiya Jools
yes I'm at QMH - just in 2ww for 3rd cycle.  Still awake cos I've been spending the last few days in bed just to give the embies a good start. now I'm not tired!  I'm about 4 days behind you, I had EC last Monday and ET on Weds.  Hoping this one works as my drugs won't be funded after this.

I know two other people on the site who are at QMH- Adrienne (purpleal) and Ann (Annthos).  I've met both of them in person - Ann because we had appointments next to each other, and Adrienne I met through the London girls thread - we meet up every month (do join the thread if you want).  Adrienne and I then had scan dates that were the same so we've also met up at QMH in the waiting room and gone for a cup of tea! 

I see QMH have already given you some success, people have varying feedback about them but I kinda like their no-nonsense approach!  Not that they've got me pg yet!!!
best of luck with this one.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

claire xx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
PS - it's probably a good thing you avoided casualty, though you must go if it gets any worse - if Kingston's your nearest, I spent 4 hours there from about 1am with ohss, by the time the on call gynae got out of bed and got over to see me I was much better, the birds were singing the dawn chorus and I just wanted to go home!

Claire x

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Claire

Just to let you know I've sent you a personal reply, thanks for all your help. I meant to ask you how you got on in casualty, you poor thing!

I know what you mean about not getting the drugs funded next time - my first two tries were funded (drugs only that is) but we're paying for the whole lot now as I've moved out of the area plus am too much of a goldie to qualify! It does bump the price up so I've got everything crossed for you this time....

Lots of love

Jools x

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Hi Jools

During the 2ww I had terrible cramping for 4-5 days and turned out that I was pg!!! I couldnt believe it because the pain was soooo strong!!!
I thought afterwards that because I have endo the implantation process was more painful  to me (!!??)

I wish you the best and I am sending u tons of babydust from Greece!!!! ^fairydust^

Stella

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.