Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am currently 27 weeks pregnant and starting to worry about giving birth naturally due to the fact that I have adhesions from endometriosis.

I have been told that my bowel, ovaries and womb are all stuck together, therefore I'm wondering if I am going to have problems when having the baby.

I am going to ask the doctors at my next appointment as they have not even mentioned this, but I was wondering if anyone else has adhesions and has has been told that they may need a c section.

Thank you

Nicky

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hiya,

I had really bad endo and adhesions along with a cyst when I was pg with my son, my midwife felt that some kind of intervention would be required from the obs due to how that and other conditions might affect the birth. But nothing really seemed to impact it, but little man was sure he wasn't going to come out without a force and he decided to be breach bless him.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, I'd keep an open mind because if you worry about it, it'll put extra pressure on you.

From experience of having a section, unless they recommend it, I'd def go for the vaginal birth because you're out of hospital in a day or so, plus you don't have the contraindictions from having a section like not being able to move and do stuff for your baby due the pain.

It's sort of funny in a none funny way, most women who have open surgery usually have to rest, but with sections they like you up and about fairly quick, I don't know whether I was a wimp (although it turned out on the day of my section that I was actually in labour and didn't know) but if I was ever lucky enough to conceive again I'd def go for a vaginal birth.

xxx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
MrsMaguire said:
I'd def go for the vaginal birth because you're out of hospital in a day or so
Same goes for a section here these days. ;D

Nicky - I don't have an answer for you I'm afraid but adhesions can cause problems with a section too so I guess it depends on whether anything is blocking the birth canal. Definitely a conversation to be having with the consultant!

Good luck,

Chux xx

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Thanks both for your replies,  I am at the hospital on thursday so i'll mention all my worries and see what they suggest.

Take care

Nicky

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have endometriosis but didn't think it would cause any problems with labour but it did. I went into labour but didn't progress. After about 30 hours and no change I had an emergency c section and they had to rip through the adhesions which they found. My husband shouldn't have looked but did and didn't like the look of all the ripping and pulling. They told me on the operating table that I would have to have a c section if I got pregnant again (which I am now). I was in quite a lot of pain after but it was worth it and I was told not to worry about it for a future birth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts