Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this site was recommended to me so i thought that i would just post a little message.
My husband and i have a three year old little boy resulting from years of fertility treatment however since having him i have suffered an ectopic resulting in both my tubes becoming blocked and affecting my overies and we  have decided to adopt we are attendeing our first information evening in swindon next week.
I would really like to give and receive support as our assessment goes on. I have been told we will have to wait until Max is four (next feb) before they will assess us. But i was wondering does the fact that we have a little boy affect our chances of having a younger child or will we be stuck on a waiting list for years and years?
Anyway please give me success stories and advice
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi Michelle

Welcome to our gang. We post on a thread called Looking to start or going through the journey.... Here's the link.

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23054.0.html

There are many of us all at different stages of the process, as you can see from my profile my girls have been with me for a few months.

We support each other through the process and all the waiting there is to do. Before you start to post on the boards, can I draw your attention to some protocols in order to keep the process confidential.

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,21288.0.html

One thing you will find is each authority although following the same process have different "rules" on certain things. It is commonly known that it is difficult to adopt a baby, however you will see from others profiles and stories that some of us have been fortunate in being placed with younger children.

Good luck
Karen x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.