Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone, first of all I beg your pardon for my "horrible" English but my will to communicate to you is so strong, so I take the risk to write lots of mistakes.....Please, forgive me!!!!
Well, we are an Italian couple who live in England since some months ago.
Before lefting Italy we completed everything to obtain the authorisation from the Court to adopt one or more children between 0/5 years old. So that we are now authorisated by the Italian Court to adopt children and to be parents.
According to the Italian low to we must pass through an Authorisated agencies to contact some different Countries abroad.
Of course we did this, but after one year nothing happen yet.
Now, living here in England I would like to know if for us there are some possibilities to adopt through the English agencies having all documents already ready from the Italian Court.
I really thank you very much for any information and or suggestions.
Lots of kisses,
Viky ::)

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
benvenuto Viky,

Non parlo il italiano - ma proverà

contatto http://www.baaf.co.uk può aiutare

Tony

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Tony  ^shake^ you show off!!!!  But thanks that would have been my advice too.

Viky - sorry I can't help you, but Tony has given you the link for the British Agencies for Adoption and Fostering (BAAF).  They should be able to advise you about your rights to adopt in the UK and whether or not you can transfer your status with the Italian courts here in the UK.  Good luck  ^reiki^

Karen x

·
Registered
257 Posts
BAAF will tell you more about your status, I just wanted to say that often children are of non-British or mixed background and it is very likely that someone out there will be looking for a home for a child with at least one Italian birth-parent to help the child to know their culture. A non-British background need not be a disadvantage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts