Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

(thinking about adopting).

We're about to have our first meeting with social services - does anyone know what kind of checks (medical, financial) etc. they'll do as we go through the process ?

Regards, Rosy

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Rosy
me and dh are very early on in the process too (going for intro course end of Feb). We have been told so far that we will both have a medical check by our own GP's so that shouldn't be too bad hopefully although dh has an irregular heart rate which he takes medication for.

We'll also need a police check ^police^. Our SW said not to worry if we had any previous cautions or minor convictions for theft etc (we are ok by the way, dh was worried cos the SW was looking at him when she said it LOL !!!, she must think he looks like a bank robber or something !!!) It is anything such as convictions against children or violence that they are worried about.

Finance wasn't mentioned, she must think we are rich !!! But she did ask about my intention to go back to work and was keen to instill that the longer I had off, the better chance we would have etc. Also going back part time seemed to be a better option if possible.

Hope this helps, if I think of anything else i'll let u know.

Good luck
Val xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts