·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home ladies and Gents

Good luck to all

xxx

[info] Hi Ladies and Gents

Please take note of the following info (Posts will be edited by a mod/admin if it is felt needed)
Fertility Friends is a public site and can be accessed by anyone. We would like to remind you that all posts 'must' be discreet when it comes to discussing what is involved in the process, particularly the home study part.
[/info]

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
Have good hols Nicky!

JO - I sent you 100 credits then realised that you're not a charter memeber so can't use them anyway...well, it's the thought that counts!!!  ;D

I see that my combine harvester lyrics pushed onto a new thread! YAY we're on number 2!

Kay xxx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

Now that we have had our first home visit form the SW I feel elligible to join this thread, not that I have not been reading it anyway. The visit went well, the SW was really nice, very friendly and put us both at ease, all in all quite a good experience. We both feel quite excited now about moving forward and doing something positive with our lives both for ourselves and whoever may come into it. After years of stagnation going through IVF it good to see a way forward. Next stop the preparation course and we were told to expect to hear about this in about a month, as we are going away for a fortnight between now and then the timing sounds just about right.

Looking forward to talking to you all
Epona

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
welcome to the thread epona

Kay xxx

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi All

Can i join you too? We are currently going through our homestudy and we have a panel date booked for August  :)

Hope you are all ok?

Nefe
x

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
Welcome Nefe

Kay xxx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Welcome Nefe and Epona :)

^goodluck^ with your journeys :)

Bring on tuesday :) Sw coming and should give us a panel date :)

xx

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
welcome everyone  :-* and lots of luck to all  ^reiki^

suzie lots of luck for tuesday!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

when you start homestudy do they normally give you a panel date at the start of it?  ???

hows everyone else doing?

jo xxx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Im not sure about if everyone gets a panel date when they start home study, the others should be able to tell you that.
Things are a little different for us as we have little man already here ;)

I think when we went through fostering process we did prep course and then after a couple of home visits we got a provisional panel date :)

x

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi

We had a "guide" panel date and it got put back by 11days due to us moving house!

xxx

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
hello lasses and lad

suzie -  ^reiki^ for tuesday!

kay xxx

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi All

Suzie good luck for tomorrow and hope your Panal Date is really soon.  :)

Epona- Glad your first home visit went well?

Our SW said quite early on that they were going to get the date booked in as it gets busy so am unsure it is is standard process.
:)
Nefe
xx

·
Registered
806 Posts
Where'd everyone go?  ???

Hope everyone ok and that you all had a lovely bank holiday! We were busy decorating but it's been worth the hard work as hte house is almost finished now! Just got to choose a new carpet for the hall and we're done!!!  Phew!  :)

Jo - have you started HS now? Hope the first appointments have gone well  ^reiki^ It's an exciting time isn't it? As you feel like you're really on your way!

Kay - hope all's well with you honey and that you're feeling better honey  ^hugme^

Suzie - great that you've been allocated a SW! Hope they get everything sorted quickly for you and they you can get to panel asap  ^reiki^

Epona - glad your first visit went well! Have you done your prep course yet? Hope the journey is moving swiftly for you! ^reiki^

Nefe - welcome to the boards! Here's hoping Augst comes round quickly for you!

MJ - hope all's good with you and your little ones! :)

Fee - you too honey, hope you and your family are all well  :)

Nicky - hope you're enjoying your holiday (I'm not jealous at all!!!!  :mad: ;D )

Mr Cheese - hope all's good with you and Mrs Cheese!

Hello to anyone I've missed!  ^Cuddle^

All's good with us, as I said we were busy decorating all weekend (in fact poor DH is still off work and upa ladder painting!!!) but at least we weren't missing any sunshine!  ::) Hope this weekend is better as we've got family staying and we have outdoor stuff planned!
HS feels like it is pretty much finished and we're busy going through the paperwork and signing all the different parts of Form F off... feels amazing to think we're finally getting near to panel - 4 weeks and 6 days today... not that I'm counting!!!  ::)  ^roflmao^

have a good day all
lots of love
Sarah
xx

·
Registered
367 Posts
HI Everyone
I took some time out for a while but back agin.
Sarah thanks for your pm - sorry I hadn't replied sooner.

Well I'm in a quandry! I had a lovely initial visit from a sw and then had the open evening which was great. We were told to wait until our sw had called us before we wrote a letter to the head sw to get into the June classes.
3 weeks went by and heard nothing so I 'phoned and the sw thought she'd already phoned us!! So now we've missed the deadline for June and can't get in until Sept!  ^tantrum^ I don't know whether I should change and go with a local VA now. We would like a sibling group of 2, preferably one under 4 but ideally both - I'm not bothered but I think dh would like 2 under 5's. I was devasted and felt very let down. I've heard good things about this LA and a bad experience too but have been highly recommended by a friend about this VA.
I just don't know what to do!! ^scared^
Love Cath xx

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
Cath - that is very frustrating indeed and very norty of them  :mad: You'd've thought that as it was their fault they could've squeezed you in grrrrrrrrr...

Kay xxx

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
hello all hows things more good news in the offing i see, and a couple of new people brill, well had an email from SW today she is now saying we may go to panel in August not september, need to talk to her as she said there were no panel dates in August,
anyone know about intro's ??? something she said about our dog is there anyone to look after it for a few weeks while you are doing intro's?????? do we need to be tsking full weeks off, as we have a hol booked in sept for 2 weeks now i'm thinking of canceling it just in case?
oh and i know i shouldn't have but i have been out and bought the cutest teddy bear you have ever seen, i couldn't resist it's now in hiding in my wardrobe,

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Ladies

Hope your all well- thinking of you all

I cant believe our 2 have been home for a month now! its flown over- DH has been back at work for just over a week now and things are great!

Cath- yes the VA could approve you however they dont have their own "children" as such they get the harder to place ones so if your not a white british coupld then jump with a VA! (hope i dont offend anyone with my wording!  :) )

Daisy- for intros you need to take the while time off plus i would advise also 2weeks off from when a child comes home- my DH and i did 12days of intros and my dh took 4full weeks plus 2days (our intros started ina  thurs!)

xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
hi everyone

sorry for going awol for a few days, i needed some head space and time to think things through and thought it was time i faced up to things. i have decided i cannot carry on with this line of things as i still feel the ttc side is unfinished. it wouldnt be fair to the agency, the children placed with us and also to ourselves if i ignored these feelings and carried on. still need to call the sw and explain but am worried they will cross us off their lists forever  :-\

i wanted to wish you all lots of luck for your journeys and i may be back sometime in the future.

thank you all for taking care of me here and for all the wonderful advice you gave me.

jo xxx

1 - 20 of 1064 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.