Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

Could someone please help with a bit of advice regarding harnesses/reins? I have a child about to turn 2, his favourite hobby is running away  ::)  I have been using baby reins which go over the shoulders for a while now but he seems to walk so much better if I hold his hand instead. I live right next to a main road (I am trying to sell up) so I still want a bit of peace of mind, it is so easy for them to slip their hand and run away. I have been putting on the reins and twisting them around my arm so that I can still hold his hand but it's difficult. I bought a wrist strap but it was so dangerous, kept coming off. Also if he should fall he couldn't put his hands out to save himself. I need an over the shoulder rein with a wrist strap for me so that I still have my hand free to hold his hand. The harness is ONLY for back up should he try to run off and get his hand free. I don't want to fashion my own from a piece of elastic and a safety pin  ;D . Is there a thing like this you can buy or a special wrist clip to thread around the reins??? How do you manage?

Thank you  :)

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
We had a plain blue and grey littelife one that we bought from John Lewis, nice to take out as you can pack a few items in it as well.

Shazznewman

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
HI Debster

I also have an escaper!  Could you put your DS in the harness reins but unclip one of the ends of the parent bit and tie it to your belt or something, so in effect he is on a longer rein and your hands are free to hold him.

I still use reins on DD if we are in crowds or busy roads, but it does mean I have to follow her around most of the time.

Hope he grows out of the running bit soon!

EG x

·
Registered
122 Posts
We have the little life turtle backpack one and it is great. i cant recommend it enough. ds loves wearing his backpack and he now carries his own water and nappy change (although he doesnt realise  ;) ). i put the handle over my wrist and let him walk and theres a handy handle on the pack so if they loose their footing or make a dash for it you can grab them back quick. i have been using it as he walks along holding the pushchair since the twins came and i will be investing in another one for one of the twins when they are ready.
Big thumbs up for these reins
Ali x

·
Registered
872 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
yep thumbs up for the little life back packs from us !
we have the butterfly one - brilliant and doesnt look as restrictive as some reins do

xx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
another thumbs up for the little life ones, our girls have had a set each.  B had the grey and pink one and H has the cow one

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Yep our two love their littlelife back packs too (we have ladybug and turtle). Ds likes to hold hands but you can just put your hand through the rein handle and do this but still have the rein if he chooses to run off. I also second that handle on too very handy and very strong ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts