Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Girls I am new to this site however not to infertility, Give you quick bit of history first my husband & I started ttc in 2004 it took 3 years to get doctors to check us out as just kept saying I was young etc, anyway long story short when the did test us as far as all the tests the done with me everything was normal however turns out my DH has obstructive azoospermia we underwent our first ICSI in 2008 it was a private cycle & I donated half my eggs to another couple altogether I got 8 eggs so 4 for myself these resulted in 2 top grade embies put back at day 2 but unfortunately was BFN we then had a 2nd ICSI this time it was NHS cycle in 2009 (I also done acupuncture along side cycle) this time I had 11 eggs resulted in a BFP but i mc at 4+6.
My husband after much thought wants to maximize our chance of success s so we are no moving forward with DS. What I wanted to ask is I bought 5 vials of DS from Xytex in the US we are going to still do IVF to try and increase chances do you think 5 vials theoretical would be enough we hope all going well to have enough for sibling? Also am I better doing ICSI as sperm is frozen? I am now 26 just encase you wondering about maternal age.

Thanks in advance x

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
I would always do icsi as we did IVF with donor sperm and ended up with no fertilisation.  ^bigbad^  I am alot older than you tho! We bought 3 vials and on the 3rd we got our son (MC on the 2nd) so i would think 5 vials would be plenty. You might get some frozen embies too!

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I agree with mini, You say you want to maximise your chances of success so I'd say ICSI is the way to go. 5 vials sounds like loads to me...we only bought 1 at a time (had 2 IUI cycles first) and from our ICSI cycle got 3 frosties.

(I was 27 when I had ICSI with donor sperm).

Good luck  ^reiki^

·
Super Moderator
5,306 Posts
Hi, we purchased 4 vials of donor sperm from Xytex and I conceived on the first go (IUI), so we have 3 left to try for a sibling. If you have either IVF or ICSI which have higher success rates than IUI, I would imagine 5 vials is plenty. Good luck! ^reiki^ ^hugme^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts