Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS is 13 weeks is only BF. I am struggling with the frequency of feeds day & night. I know each babe is different and there is no set routine but would appreciate reassurance that I am doing ok. We feed baby led. He feeds 2-3 hourly during the day and 2 hourly at night, we are co-sleeping. I feel I am constantly feeding. Does this improve? His weight gain is good, he poos and wees is normal. I can express milk with a good volume but I don't know why I am reluctant to feed this from a bottle. I really don't want to introduce formula as he has developed eczema and think this may make it worse.  Has anyone else noticed eczema with their baby who is BF? And if so how have you treated it?

Sorry if this is long winded but would really appreciate any advice .Thank you

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
That sounds hard work, especially overnight! I find that with co-sleeping I'll just assume Willow wants food if we're both awake. She's almost 16 weeks now, but a similar adjusted age to your lo. I've been giving her a dummy if she's not crying for food overnight, giving her 20 mins or so to settle that way and only then feeding her if she hasn't gone back to sleep. I was also using one during the day to extend the time between feeds as she was snacking, not really taking a full feed so got hungry again quicker. Now we go from about 1am to about 7am overnight and for about 4 hours during the day. x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. My DS has been to Granny's this pm and taken 100mls EBM from a bottle! I really did not want to co-sleep but as I was getting up so much it became easier. I will try a dummy  to see if this helps. I am just anxious that I can continue to breast feed without causing any problems as I really enjoy it just would prefer less frequency.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I think by that age my two were 8am 11am 2pm 5pm 8pm and various night feeds. Before that I fed on demand but by 3 months I needed the routine, especially with DS I had to fit round getting DD to nursery.

Before that with DS was about 2 hourly feeds, but by 3 months I started leaving an extra 15 minutes every few days until the space between feeds was 3 hours and then he fed more at each feed and was able to go longer between feeds.

I didnt want to co sleep either but the last couple of months DS sleeping is all over the place and we all sleep better if I bring him in with us. Plus the cuddle is nice :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts