Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-\
Hi please make me feel less alone am I normal????? ^idiot^
I've just got back from St Mary's manchester and have been told i have fluid on my tubes. I am on day 8 of Puregon 300ml and .25ml of buseriline of my first cycle so I don't really know what happens day to day.

The nurse said they will call me this afternoon to say when I need to go back as I also have very small follies and only 2 that are growing relatively positive so she sounded very negative about this cycle . I have had a little cry on the way home and think now that this cycle won't work and we will have to try again.  :'(
I was just looking for some advice really is there anything I can do to help or have I done anything to cause this? She siad that they will chose to clip my tubs and freeze any embis if I get any (doesn't sound good though). Can you get rid of the fluid for the next cycle or will I always have it ? is this very common or am I unusual why have only got small follies the nurse said they might not grow anymore so might have to cancel this cycle.DH is at work so have no one to talk too any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks for reading and your time
Ali x

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
^hugme^  Just a quicky, sorry I don't know enough about you to comment about the way you've responded etc.  A hydro will effect your chances of a BFP though so it's best not to go ahead with transfer if possible (and maybe best not to go ahead with EC either).  I know its not nice, i had a cancelled cycle once because I didnt respond as I should have to drugs (they started me whilst I had a cyst which didnt help!)...  they can either remove or clip tubes to get rid of the hydro, then on your next cycle they would be able to adjust drugs to get a better response which would hopefully mean more eggs and better chance of BFP from having no hydro!
Helen xx

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
ali you arent alone hunny, you are the second lady is as many weeks who have had news of hydros as they are in the midst of TX  ^hugme^ + i am sorry this wasnt picked up before now

hydros are caused by infection this could be from anything from previous surgery, PID, appendicitis + so on so i doubt you will have done anything to contribute to this condition, do not blame yourself it happens hun

as for this cycle it doesnt mean its all bad, like the nurse has said the can freeze your embies while the hydros are dealt with + you can go on to have FET or ask if there is the option of them draining the hydro at EC so you can continue with this cyle if you dont want your tubes clipped

hydros arent good news im afraid, if left as they are they can seriously hamper the success rates of any TX by more than half this is why it is reccomended you have tubes removed/clipped beforehand but it does sound like your clinic has got options there for you in order to give you the best chance of any TX working

i know its a shock especially as you are so far through TX hun, you know there will always be someone here to talk to + answer your ??'s if we can

xxx    

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not quite sure how to use this area yet but I hope this relply gets to you both . Do I have to reply to people individually or does this go to you both !!!! ^idiot^
Thankyou for your speedy reply I have been reading while you replied and think if I hav eht option it might be better to remove my tubs but when I had my lap 2005 they said it was quite difficult ot see as they are quite badly damaged however she did say then that i might have to have them removed in the future I wonder whether she new than that i had fluid although St marys did a scan 2005 but said there was no fluid then, so I thought I was lucky  but never mind. At least I know its not my fault, not quite guilt free yet though I need to talk to DH and I know its stupid but I always feel bad for him because its me with the tub issue. I hope this will be treated asap and I will be posting on a happier note sooner rather than later it all takes so long it brings a new meaning to 'patients is a virtue' I bloody know that now !!! .

Thaks again for your reply I am feeliong better already
Ali x

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
ali your doing fine with the replies + yes when you post on the boards, here, everyone reading them will see your reply  ;)

glad you have had a read hun + things seem a little clearer now + i'll be thinking of you when you explain to DH, he'll support you hun + again you have nothing to be guilty about, it happens + it aint your fault  ^hugme^

xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts