Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I was diagnosed with pcos during 2003 after ttc for 2 years, and this december asfter a lap and dye op, i was also told i have severe endomitriosis which has damaged my fallopian tubes. At the minute i'm under a gyne who will hopefully be reffering me onto the fertility unit, but i haven't yet had a chance to talk the prognosis of my problems through with anyone. We go back in a few weeks time. Since the op i have been feeling a bit left in limbo and i would really apprecaite some info.
One of the questions i keep wondering is if my pcos has any affect on the endo. Beacuse i don't have AFs except a bleed every 7 months, does that mean the endo is building up and could cause more scarring. Also if my tubes are what the surgeon said "only just patent", would they be usable, or would they have to go onto ivf.

Thanks for your time
Louise (25)

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
PCOS won't get worse because of no af's, but obviously not having af's is a problem in trying to conceive. the endo will need to be treated prior to any treatment ? use of medication to reduce growth such as Prostap or Zoladex Re what treatment, it may be that IVF is the safer option if they are unsure 100% of the state of your tubes and this would mean you could be on medication as previously suggested and then straight into IVF.

Ruth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts