Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I had my hysto done on Thursday just gone, and started stimming on the same day, I am now day 3 of stimms.  I bled abit after the hysto which had stopped, but I've just been to loo and this has started again - is this normal?  Obviously am really worried as didn't think you bled whilst stimming?  My DH seems to think the doctor did say after a hysto you can bleed, stop and then it can start again.  Could anyone advise if possible please.

I've called the clinic and they are shut this afternoon, and only an emergency line which I don't really want to call unless I have too!

Thanks.

Jane

·
Registered
170 Posts
HI
I had a hysto and I remember spotting for a few days after, does it say anything in the information pack you were given?  If it is more than spotting, or if you are in pain  and you are worried, then ring the emergency number.

Mrs B

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hey Jane

I had bleeding for a good few days after hysto - I can't remember exactly how long - maybe 4-5 days?? Dr D said nothing to worry about. I had no pain and it wasn't particularly heavy. If you're worried definitely give clinic a call, but if bleeding is light it's prob nothing to worry about. Hope you're ok and happy new year!

Tabith xxxx

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tabith / Mrs BA

Thanks so much for your replies both. 

Tabith - were you stimming when you were still bleeding?  I only had it done Thursday so maybe that's why its bleeding now as had a little blood on the day then it stopped.  Its not spotting, but not really heavy and its stopped again now when I am going to loo.  I don't have any pain.  I was just panicking as don't want my follies that have started growing to wash away!  Happy New Year - hope you are feeling all OK in early pregnancy. 

Mrs BA - can't see anything in the information pack.  My DH came in for my scan today and he said that Dr Ibrahim said bleeding can come back, but to be honest I didn't hear it, was getting changed.    I will see how tonight goes and ring if need be.  I am in for bloods tomorrow so hopefully the clinic will be open and I can go and ask one of the nurses.  Congratulations to you also!!

Thanks again so much for coming back to me - just worried that things have gone wrong already.

Jane xx

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hi there Crookers, I bleed a little afta my hysto, then 3 days afta it had stopped [during my stims] I was at clinic getting bloods dun wen it all started again had to even ask nurses for a pad [sorry TMI] they said it was normal. So don't worry x

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Jackie

Thank you so much for the information, I feel so much better now.  You just go into panic mode don't you when you see something you are not expecting.  At least I know its normal now.  Will stop panicking now.

Thanks again.  Happy New Year.

Jane x

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hey Jane

Glad you are feeling bit less panicked. Yes, I started stimming on day of hysto so was bleeding for first part of stimming. I was worried that it would affect the lining but by time of ET it looked ideal so obviously bleeding wasn't a problem.

Hope you're doing ok!

Tabith xxxx

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi All

Thanks so much for your responses.

Tabith - it good to know it doesn't affect anything, as soon as I see blood whilst doing this I panic, as I had blood on my last FET was resulted in a BFN.  Spoke to nurse this morning and she said it is completely normal, and the spray brings it on so I should't worry and it will only last a few days - phew!  As you say you worry that it can affect so many things.  Hope all is going well for you and you are feeling ok.

Jackie - thanks so very much for giving me advice last night and keeping me calm - my panic was for nothing.  Really appreciate you coming back to me, and look forward to you joining us on the cycle buddies thread.

Thanks to everyone else who responded to me yesterday - its greatly appreciated!

Have a good day all.

Jane xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts