Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to have my first IUI with donor sperm next month, importing from Xytex.  I'll be seeing my Dr next week to make a start, but have some questions and wondered if anyone could help?  Bearing in mind I don't know how many rounds of IUI I'll need, how do I know how many units to order?  Having chosen my donor I'm terrified that it will run out!  Also, while at the moment I only imagine having one child, should I keep some in reserve in case I decide later to try for a sibling?

Thanks in advance
Camsie

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Camsie said:
I'm hoping to have my first IUI with donor sperm next month, importing from Xytex. I'll be seeing my Dr next week to make a start, but have some questions and wondered if anyone could help? Bearing in mind I don't know how many rounds of IUI I'll need, how do I know how many units to order? Having chosen my donor I'm terrified that it will run out! Also, while at the moment I only imagine having one child, should I keep some in reserve in case I decide later to try for a sibling?

Thanks in advance
Camsie
I pondered this on my first attemot and settled for four vials from two donors.
As it was I used one from each and they both were unsuccessful.

On subsequent treatment I used two different donors again - there being a theory that some sperm just doesn't suit some women and given I had had failures, I wished for the best opportunity each time rather than the possibility of a repeat failure unwittingly due to the donor sperm.

I would also say that my successful round was with sperm of the lowest mobility possible. As for siblings I went with Cryos for the latter rounds and Xytex for the initial and found that you can reserve vials if you wish and get money back if you decide to cancel them at a later date; though I also relaised that having used lower MOT vials they were not as in demand as the highest MOT vials were so seemed to have more available.

Also, expense wise, I found Cryos to be far cheaper than xytex and the service superior; there were issues with processing the vials and general comunication, none of which I ever had with Cryos - indeed the opposite, they had great customer service before, during and after.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts