Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I am seeking advice about immune testing.,... and whether it is relevant for me. Any advice would be great...

I gave birth to DD in 2007, everything seemed to be ok in pregnancy but I had earlier dates than scans (I knew when she was conceived as my dad died the week before and the date was definate).
The midwife gave me  a due date 10 days after the one I had calculated due to scan sizes etc. Anyhow at 40w+10 days and in distress. The doc tried to break water but there was no amniotic fluid and she was born by emergency c/section.
She was diagnosed at IUGR (In Uterine Growth Retardation) at birth, and is fit and healthy (although petit) .
We have been TTC since Oct 2009.
I had M/C at 8 weeks in Feb 2010, and had a really bad virus, with joint pains, aches and fever for over 6 weeks.Started acupuncture in Nov 2010 and was told would probably conceive within 3 cycles. Which I did.
2nd miscarriage  / chemical preg at 6 weeks - last week.
I am 39, i suffer from really cold feet / hands but not been diagnosed raynaulds....I also have had glandular fever in the past. ld
I read Dr Beers book and it seems there is a link between IUGR, little amniotic fluid, pains and fevers on miscarriage and recurrent miscarriage.

I am thinking about the immune testing and have  a doctors (NHS) appointment on thursday. What should  I be asking and is this ever carried out on the NHs or does it have to be done privately?

Thanks - this site is amazing.

Lisa

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hi

You should be able to get all the level 1 tests done at your GPs, if they are understanding. level 2 testing you would need to pay for i imagine -level 2's cost about £800-£900 if memory serves me right.

Good luck

Sammi

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
you might want to look in the faq under level1 tests.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts