Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi girls

i got my  ^BFP^ yesterday I'm so over joyed and so happy.

but wanted to quiz you about something

its my clinics policy that when you get a BFP you are told to stop using the cyclogest ( which i had been using 1 a night ) I'm not sure if i agree with this and would feel much better to carry on using some support.

just wanting to know your thoughts and what your clinic has suggested you to do

thanks

Natalie xxxix  ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
hi nat

firstly congratulations and well done.

my clinic policy is also to stop the cyclogest.

if i get a bfp next time im going to ask for it for longer.either that or get it on prescription from my gp

lotsa love
broatchy

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Nat - many congrats hun  ^BFP^ I have been told to continue my cyclogest (1 x 400 - daily) until I am approx 9 weeks. If you feel that you would like to continue, would you consider asking your GP for a prescription - perhaps consult your clinic first, just to be sure... but I can't see the harm (obviously I am not medically qualified, that is just my personal opinion  ;))

Reality xx  :-*

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Hi Hun

Congratulations on your bfp  ^hugme^ ;)

I was on gestone this time (jab in bottom)  :eek: up until 12wks but cause im having twins im taking cyclogest until 28wks  :eek: :eek: this is meant to help strengthen the cervix etc  ;)

All clinics are different though, if you dont want to come off them then maybe come off them at 12wks when the placenta takes over  ;)

I think 12wks is standard for most UK clinics  ??? im on x2 400mg per day  :-*

I get mine free now ^clapping^ my lovely Dr prescribes them for me  ;)

Good luck  ^reiki^
Emmaxxx

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi,
I came off at 10 weeks. My clinic told me that they keep their ladies on it until the placenta takes over (around 8 weeks) and then another week or two, just to make sure. I have heard that lots of people do come off it straight away, but I don't know what the research/statistics say...

Congratulations with BFP and wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy and beyond

alice x

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi

Firstly congratulations!!!

We initialy thought we had a BFN and stopped the cyclogest on test day (14 days post ec).  It found out later that it was a BFP but I had never started on the cyclogest again- I am just over 14 weeks now and it doesnt seem to have done me or Junior any harm  :)

Im sure your clinic know what they are doing.  However if it would put your mind at rest, why dont you ask your GP to prescribe it like the other ladies have suggested, Im sure he/she wouldnt mind  :)

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and good luck with whatever you decide.

Helly
x

Ps - Just read your sig and we are/were at the same clinic!

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
I was told at 7 weeks there was no need for me to be on cyclogest but I wasn't happy to just stop so I weaned off gradually. It does vary from clinic to clinic & some say it's not necessary to take it at all ^idiot^

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Nat

Congrats on your ^BFP^

Our Clinic were the same, you stopped after you got your ^BFP^  However, our previous clinic would have let you continue with them till the end of your 12th week. 

I was really concerned about stopping so spoke to the Consultant and he allowed me to continue taking the Cyclogest until the end of the 12th Week.

I would suggest talking to them if your really concerned.

x x x x

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi Nat
Congrats again hun, My cons is keeping me on the cyclogest until end of week 12 but like others say, ask your clinic if you can continue.
G x x

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hi

My clinic stops it after test day, which I did with ds. But this time I had a natural FET so there was none at all although I did have a blood test to check I was making ...ok I forget which one, put it down to bad pregnancy brain ... naturally.

Good luck
Annette

1 - 10 of 10 Posts