Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.....I’m new to this forum but we have been trying IVF for quite a number of years, albeit unsuccessfully

We have now decided to give DE a try but now that I am 50 our options are limited.

We have been looking at clinics in Cyprus but find the whole thing a complete mine field

We would appreciate any help and advice on recommendations for clinics in Cyprus

We initially wanted to see photos of the donor but was reluctant to go to the likes of Russia in case the clinic was not trustworthy......in all honesty we were afraid of picking a specific donor and the clinic not actually giving us that donor at all.....although I suppose that can happen at other clinics

Hence we have thought of Cyprus because although we cannot see a photo we are given info about the donor and allowed to pick one......we decided against Spain because the clinic picks the donor and some clinics give very little information

Can anyone please please PLEASE help.....it’s a nightmare picking a clinic and I want to feel that I can trust the clinic 100%

Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone.....I’m new to this forum but we have been trying IVF for quite a number of years, albeit unsuccessfully

We have now decided to give DE a try but now that I am 50 our options are limited.

We have been looking at clinics in Cyprus but find the whole thing a complete mine field

We would appreciate any help and advice on recommendations for clinics in Cyprus

We initially wanted to see photos of the donor but was reluctant to go to the likes of Russia in case the clinic was not trustworthy......in all honesty we were afraid of picking a specific donor and the clinic not actually giving us that donor at all.....although I suppose that can happen at other clinics

Hence we have thought of Cyprus because although we cannot see a photo we are given info about the donor and allowed to pick one......we decided against Spain because the clinic picks the donor and some clinics give very little information

Can anyone please please PLEASE help.....it’s a nightmare picking a clinic and I want to feel that I can trust the clinic 100%

Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi firecracker
Also new to the site and in a similar situation to you. 49 next month and looking to have Egg donation or embryo transfer in Cyprus but with gender selection. Also finding it to be a minefield as all the clinics seem to be somehow linked to each other and all say they have the best success rates in the world. Which clinics have you looked at so far?
B

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi firecracker
Also new to the site and in a similar situation to you. 49 next month and looking to have Egg donation or embryo transfer in Cyprus but with gender selection. Also finding it to be a minefield as all the clinics seem to be somehow linked to each other and all say they have the best success rates in the world. Which clinics have you looked at so far?
B
Hi firecracker
B
Hi firecracker
B
ho
Hi firecracker
B
hi Bels2015......thank you for your reply......it’s good to chat with someone in a similar situation
I emailed just about every clinic in Cyprus telling them the type of donor that I wanted.....some didn’t reply and some had donors that nearly matched what I was looking for......I have narrowed it down to a few clinics that have quite close matches to what I am looking but I find it difficult trusting these clinics to decide on a donor without me seeing a photo......if I knew other ladies that had been to the clinics and were happy that the clinic could be trusted 100% then I would not hesitate in going to them

So far the clinics that I am considering because they have what they consider to be close matches are British Kolan hospital, Kyrenia IVF clinic, Miracle ivf by Dr F, and EuroCARE IVF......I am waiting on Dunya IVF coming back to me to see if they have a match

I am looking a naturally red haired donor and most clinics say that’s not possible in Cyprus or very rare to find, but some of the 4 clinics listed abovecan offer me up to 5 donors with naturally red hair......I would just love to hear from others that have been to these clinics

Bels2015 have you researched any clinics in Cyprus yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
ho

hi Bels2015......thank you for your reply......it’s good to chat with someone in a similar situation
I emailed just about every clinic in Cyprus telling them the type of donor that I wanted.....some didn’t reply and some had donors that nearly matched what I was looking for......I have narrowed it down to a few clinics that have quite close matches to what I am looking but I find it difficult trusting these clinics to decide on a donor without me seeing a photo......if I knew other ladies that had been to the clinics and were happy that the clinic could be trusted 100% then I would not hesitate in going to them

So far the clinics that I am considering because they have what they consider to be close matches are British Kolan hospital, Kyrenia IVF clinic, Miracle ivf by Dr F, and EuroCARE IVF......I am waiting on Dunya IVF coming back to me to see if they have a match

I am looking a naturally red haired donor and most clinics say that’s not possible in Cyprus or very rare to find, but some of the 4 clinics listed abovecan offer me up to 5 donors with naturally red hair......I would just love to hear from others that have been to these clinics

Bels2015 have you researched any clinics in Cyprus yet?
Sorry just seen your situation on a different thread. Trying to research different clinics and been intouch with some but keep going round in circles, as there seems to be lots of fake reviews and we have read reports of bad reviews being taken down so they can’t be seen, so it’s hard to know which ones to trust. If only there is someone out there that could tell us their experiences of any of the clinics. That’s good that some of them have got red haired donors though. Good luck and keep us posted on your journey.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Bels2015......as I get more info I will keep updating this post.....

That is exactly what I find......fake reviews or bad reviews and that puts me off the clinic....then for some other clinics it is really hard to find reviews on

I am trying to find genuine stories and comments on face book now so hopefully that helps

It is difficult......good luck with your journey and let me know how ur research is going......you never know we could end up cycle buddies lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Ladies, I've just noticed this thread. I'm currently in North Cyprus after having a FET at Miracle Hospital by Dr F. I had my first ivf cycle there in Nov 19, unfortunately they couldn't do a transfer then because I developed OHSS so I went back the following Jan for a FET which didn't work and because of covid I've only just been able to get back out. My situation is different to yours, I've used my own eggs. Like you I struggled to find what I thought was genuine reviews about places. I've been pretty happy with miracle but given that it's the only place I've been to I'm not sure how they compare to other places. I've recently joined a ******** group for people that go out to Dr F and its been really helpful, you will find ladies on there that have used DE. The group is called 'Miracle IVF by Dr Firdevs - support group'. One thing that I didn't know about the clinic was the huge amount extra they charged for meds, ladies in the group shared the name and number of a local pharmacist who was less than 1/2 of the price of the clinic! So that's definitely something to remember when having treatment in Cyprus, if I'd have known earlier it would have saved us an absolute fortune!

Best of luck to you both!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Ladies, I've just noticed this thread. I'm currently in North Cyprus after having a FET at Miracle Hospital by Dr F. I had my first ivf cycle there in Nov 19, unfortunately they couldn't do a transfer then because I developed OHSS so I went back the following Jan for a FET which didn't work and because of covid I've only just been able to get back out. My situation is different to yours, I've used my own eggs. Like you I struggled to find what I thought was genuine reviews about places. I've been pretty happy with miracle but given that it's the only place I've been to I'm not sure how they compare to other places. I've recently joined a **** group for people that go out to Dr F and its been really helpful, you will find ladies on there that have used DE. The group is called 'Miracle IVF by Dr Firdevs - support group'. One thing that I didn't know about the clinic was the huge amount extra they charged for meds, ladies in the group shared the name and number of a local pharmacist who was less than 1/2 of the price of the clinic! So that's definitely something to remember when having treatment in Cyprus, if I'd have known earlier it would have saved us an absolute fortune!

Best of luck to you both!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi desperatelady3....thank you so much for your response.....it’s great to hear from someone that is actually at a clinic in north Cyprus

Good to hear that you are happy with the clinic......although was the clinic too over zealous with medication if you experienced OHSS?

Do you find your clinic to be trustworthy? My biggest fear is going to a clinic and picking a donor but being given a totally different donor that I am unaware of......

Thank you for the tip about the medications.......very useful to know.....I will look up that group that you mentioned and join

A couple of other questions about your clinic.....did you like Dr F as a doctor.....was she good and communicated with you well and did u get that same doctor at all appointments?

What appealed to you about this clinic initially that made you choose it over any others?

Also if you had to repeat the whole process would you go back to Miracle by Dr F or choose another clinic?

Sorry for all these questions desperatelady3 but choosing a clinic is such a mine field to me

Your comments and advice are so much appreciated

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Firecracker, it's no problem at all.

I think they probably do throw a little to much meds at you, they got 24 eggs from me but I would have preferred less and the chance to have a fresh transfer but I hadn't really discussed that with them at the time. I just took everything they told me too without really questioning it.

I'm someone who really worries about trusting these sorts of places but other than the high prices of meds (which I imagine everywhere does) and getting the OHSS (which again probably could have happened anywhere) I haven't been given any reason to distrust them. Joining the face book group definitely helped because I was never sure what reviews were real and what wasn't.

Dr F. is lovely, you don't really see that much of her because she's obviously very busy but she is one that will follow you through everything. She did my scans, egg collection and transfers. She's a really positive person but I think she's also honest and will tell you what is happening. If you need to contact her about anything you can do it through a coordinator. Mine is called Jess, she's really nice, I've contacted her at all hours and on weekends and she usually gets back in touch pretty quickly.

I chose this clinic because they seemed much more honest with their responses than others that I contacted. My husband is much older than me and we have unexplained infertility. A few clinics told me we would need extras on top of the icsi which were really expensive. When I spoke to miracle about the extras they said that they wouldn't know until during the treatment if they were necessary and didn't see why they would be so I felt like the others were really just trying to cash in.

If this FET doesn't work, but hopefully it will ( I should know by the 20th 🙏🤞). We are considering staying out here and having another cycle and I'd like to have it with them. The only thing that my partner doesn't like about them is the way you have to pay for everything first but again I'm guessing it's pretty standard. This time I had intralipids after the FET but they wouldn't start them until they had been paid for. It would be nicer to just have a bill for all the extras at the end but I suppose it would be easy to walk out without paying and once they've given you the stuff it's not like they can take it back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you so much desperatelady30.....I do hope your FET works for you this time....we all put so much time, emotion and money into his journey.....fingers crossed for you....I honestly do hope it’s a BFP......do let me know

Your honesty about the clinic is so much appreciated.....it’s just so good to chat with someone actually at the clinic

If I think of any more questions I hope you don’t mind me asking

1 - 13 of 13 Posts