Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have another question......
I have been told i have to wait a year before bein offered any fertility stuff ie clomid - but when i read my books on it (PCOS and your fertility etc) it says that you shouldnt wait that long as you have a condition ie not waiting longer than six months...... can my gp  give me clomid? or do i have to see gynea (i HATED my gynea but will obviously do so if need be) Also before you go on clomid did people have there partners semen analysis done?? i am very confused and am not seeing gp again for three weeks. some advice would be really appreciated as i really dont know a  lot about it  :-[  :(

As i have said in a previous post i am on Reductil for the weight loss at the moment. But other than that i am on no medications.

Gems xx

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to say my cycles are 28-37 days tho last month was 52.
Can you still have AF without Ovulating?? I am so confused and the more of the book i read the more i think it doesnt go in  ^idiot^

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.... i think i will have to talk to gp about it then - i just didnt want to go in there and not know what i was saying.
im 20 - well in a few weeks but gp didnt actually put that as a mark against me when i told her ttc. But no doubt it will be because i am young - gynea did seem like that. - i am not even under him at the moment - getting referred back at the moment.

Think i will ask them to do me more blood tests then coz i dont know if i am ovulating - no one has even mentioned me having a test done to check that. I wasnt sure if you could have af without ovulating so thanks for answering that one for me

Feel so frustrated with it all.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Catherine

yeah i just feel like when i talk to the gp if i dont know what i am talking about there is no way i will get the right treatment. I think i need to get the blood tests done (ovulation etc) and go from there -and dp SA. As i have AF reasonably regular i guess i wouldnt need Provera. I posted on the Clomid Girls section too as i hadnt realised it was there when i posted here  :-[
Do you think it will be best for me to write out some questions to go to the gp with ? that way i will know what i am asking for ie the different gyne etc. i always feel like i get stuck with words in there - i get myself all wound up and usually end up nearly (or indeed in ) tears then i dont help anyone least of all me  :'(

Gems xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.